1. What does Accawi think about his village becoming a global community in "The Telephone"?
Accawi feels that his community is in search of a better life that they have yet to find even though he has prospered from the change.
2. How is the style of historical references to time related to the closeness of Accawi's village?
By referring to specific moments in time or occurrences as references to time, the community is able to identify with those moments as if they were there or experienced them themselves.
3. Describe Aldrich's mother from the essay "Hair."
Aldrich's mother is obsessed with her hair. She was constantly in pursuit of the perfect hairstyle.
4. Do you agree with Rhonda's view on hair from the essay "Hair"?
Yes, because hair is similar to life in that they are constantly changing and evolving over time.
5. Describe Cofer's father from "Silent Dancing."
Cofer's father moved his family to America in hope for a better life. He desired to be assimilated into the white culture and seemed ashamed of being a minority.
This section contains 2,266 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)