|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Personal Voice: Westbury Court, In the Kitchen, and Mirrorings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Aldrich not mention about her mother's concerns for her hair?
(b) Dying .
(d) Washing and drying.
2. Pertaining to "Silent Dancing" from what place does Cofer and her family immigrate?
(b) Costa Rica.
(c) Puerto Rico.
3. Which female wants to define herself by what she did and how she treated others from the essay "Hair"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Aldrich's older sister.
(d) Her youngest sister.
4. What are the benefits of Accawi's village becoming a global community?
(a) The chance to meet famous people.
(b) The ability to communicate to other cities.
(c) More opportunities to travel.
(d) More educational opportunities and better pay.
5. Who does Gates recall having immaculate hair?
(a) His dad.
(b) Martin Luther King.
(c) August Wilson.
(d) Nat King Cole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the lady in "Westbury Court" doing when the firemen come inside her apartment?
2. When does the lady in the apartment down the hall in "Westbury Court" realize that there is a fire?
3. Where does Gates go when he leaves America?
4. What seemed to divide most households in Cofer's neighborhood?
5. In "Westbury Court," who moves into the apartment down the hall after the lady and her children move out?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)