|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Personal Voice: Westbury Court, In the Kitchen, and Mirrorings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pertaining to "Mirrorings," where do Lucy Grealy's doctors find a tumor?
(a) Her brain.
(b) Her cheek.
(c) Her knee.
(d) Her breast.
2. Who does Adlrich recall being obsessed with their hair?
(a) Her best friend.
(c) Her older sister.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Grealy look down on?
(a) Those who never had cancer.
(b) Those who pride themselves on intellect.
(c) Those who don't recycle.
(d) Those who pride themselves for their good looks.
4. What does Grealy boycott?
(c) Going in public.
5. When does the lady in the apartment down the hall in "Westbury Court" realize that there is a fire?
(a) When the firemen come in.
(b) When she sees smoke.
(c) When she wakes up.
(d) When she hears her screaming children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is Danticat asking at the end of the essay, "Westbury Court"?
2. Which female wants to define herself by what she did and how she treated others from the essay "Hair"?
3. How do Gates and his community cheaply straighten their hair?
4. Why does Cofer's family move to New York City?
5. Pertaining to "Hair" what does Aldrich associate hair to?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)