|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Personal Voice: Westbury Court, In the Kitchen, and Mirrorings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one thing Grealy craved and completely lacked?
(a) Money to pay her debts.
(b) The ability to travel.
(c) A dad.
(d) Positive attention from boys.
2. Pertaining to "Mirrorings," where do Lucy Grealy's doctors find a tumor?
(a) Her breast.
(b) Her cheek.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her knee.
3. In "Westbury Court," who moves into the apartment down the hall after the lady and her children move out?
(a) Another family.
(b) An old man.
(c) It remains vacant.
(d) A group of Haitian musicians.
4. Who said, "hair is like life- there is no need to be bound by the past because it can always be changed"?
(c) Aldrich's mother.
(d) Aldrich's older sister .
5. What does Grealy boycott?
(d) Going in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the benefits of Accawi's village becoming a global community?
2. Pertaining to "Silent Dancing" from what place does Cofer and her family immigrate?
3. What were hair "kinks" a symbol of in Gate's essay, "In the Kitchen"?
4. When does the lady in the apartment down the hall in "Westbury Court" realize that there is a fire?
5. Where does Gates go when he leaves America?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)