|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Personal Voice: Westbury Court, In the Kitchen, and Mirrorings.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aldrich think is achieved when manifesting the perfect hairstyle?
(a) Self confidence.
(b) Completing an incomplete soul.
(c) The perfect husband.
(d) Jealousy or envy of others.
2. Where does Gates go when he leaves America?
3. Where is the doctor from who has success on helping Grealy's disfigurement?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
4. What does Grealy look down on?
(a) Those who don't recycle.
(b) Those who pride themselves on intellect.
(c) Those who never had cancer.
(d) Those who pride themselves for their good looks.
5. What were hair "kinks" a symbol of in Gate's essay, "In the Kitchen"?
(a) That they wanted to be famous.
(b) How one's black identity will always be a part of them even if they try to change it.
(c) That they were poor.
(d) That their mom didn't know how to do hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has the worst hair of Aldrich's family?
2. Why does Cofer's family move to New York City?
3. Why is Cofer reflecting on the memories of moving to New York City?
4. Pertaining to "Westbury Court," with what is Danticat struggling?
5. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)