|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Personal Voice: Merced, The Inheritance of Tools, and Mother Tongue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pertaining to "Book Marks" what parallel is McClanahan making to her own life story?
(a) Her first daughter's life.
(b) The underlinings in a library book, made by a previous reader.
(c) The direction of the wind.
(d) Her mother's life.
2. What does McClanahan se from the margins of the previous reader?
(a) The desire for love.
(b) Love for poetry.
(c) The same despair she once had.
3. In Mother Tongue, who always made sense to Tan, even if the speech was grammatically incorrect?
(a) Tan's dog.
(b) Tan's sister.
(c) Tan's teacher.
(d) Tan's mom.
4. Why does Grealy end her boycott?
(a) She is asked to be a model.
(b) She is asked on a date.
(c) A boy she has lunch with is not disgusted by her.
(d) She has another surgery.
5. Who said, "hair is like life- there is no need to be bound by the past because it can always be changed"?
(a) Aldrich's older sister .
(c) Aldrich's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Aldrich not mention about her mother's concerns for her hair?
2. What are the benefits of Accawi's village becoming a global community?
3. How is time or age measured in Accawi's village?
4. What happens to change Ofri's state of being in "Merced"?
5. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)