|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Personal Voice: Merced, The Inheritance of Tools, and Mother Tongue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grealy look down on?
(a) Those who don't recycle.
(b) Those who pride themselves for their good looks.
(c) Those who pride themselves on intellect.
(d) Those who never had cancer.
2. Who does Adlrich recall being obsessed with their hair?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her best friend.
3. What was the one thing Grealy craved and completely lacked?
(a) The ability to travel.
(b) A dad.
(c) Positive attention from boys.
(d) Money to pay her debts.
4. What does McPhee compare his gift to in "Silk Parachute."
(a) His father.
(c) His life up until that point.
(d) His mother.
5. What happens to change Ofri's state of being in "Merced"?
(a) Her patient comes in completely cured.
(b) Her patient dies at home.
(c) Her patient becomes brain dead and will not survive another week.
(d) Her patient changes doctors because Ofri misdiagnosed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grealy realize oppressed her all her life?
2. Pertaining to "In the Kitchen," what is Gates reflecting on?
3. Pertaining to "Book Marks" what parallel is McClanahan making to her own life story?
4. In Mother Tongue, who always made sense to Tan, even if the speech was grammatically incorrect?
5. Why is this gift special to Sanders in "The Inheritance of Tools"?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)