* "The Telephone" by Anwar F. Accawi
* Accawi reflects on his quaint and simple childhood in Jordan.
* He remembers asking his grandmother how old someone was and she responded without a date, but with a relation to another event in that year.
* He recalls the effect of the village's first telephone and how it made his village become a global community.
* Although Accawi benefits from the progression the telephone brought to his village, he feels people are searching for a better life that they will not find.
* "Hair" by Marcia Aldrich
* Aldrich recalls her mother's obsession with hair.
* Aldrich's mother seems to think that the perfect hairstyle will complete an incomplete soul.
* Aldrich's older sister refused to change her hair and her younger sister had the worst hair of all.
* Rhonda, a hairstylist, saw hair as a transitory entity that...
This section contains 2,437 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)