|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a common activity in the Nowak house?
(c) Watching TV.
2. How old is Sally?
3. What does Bowles eat that disgusts Christopher?
(a) Ketchup sandwiches.
(b) Bangers and mash.
(d) Prairie Oyster.
4. What is the name of the enigmatic character in the house?
5. What is the name of the "aimless" and troubled man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Christopher refers to his series of vignettes as a:
2. What is Christopher's attitude toward Fraulein Schroeder?
3. What sport is highly popular in Berlin at this time?
4. What is the name of the spoiled, young, rich girl?
5. What is the adjective best used to describe Otto's neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Christopher's trip to Ruegen Island? Where does he stay while on the island?
2. How does the narrator describe Sally Bowles?
3. What is familiar about the lodgings of the narrator?
4. How does Christopher end up living with Otto and his mother, Frau Nowak? Describe the atmosphere.
5. What events lead up to the first problems with Sally and Christopher?
6. What becomes of Fraulein Schroeder?
7. How does the author describe Peter and Otto?
8. What precipitates Sally's move from her residence? Where does she go?
9. With which two family members does Christopher seem to connect with the most?
10. What is the activity shared by Christopher and Fritz. Does the activity confirm any thoughts about Christopher's sexuality?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)