|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher talks about being fearful during which incident?
(a) Being faced with Nazis.
(b) Ill woman approach him.
(c) Walking down a dark alley.
2. Christopher visits the last known gathering place for which group?
3. With whom does Otto live?
4. What does Fraulein Mayr do for a living?
(a) Cleans dormitories.
(c) Acts as a secretary.
(d) Teaches school.
5. What is the name of the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's profession?
2. Which is not the profession of the friends on the island?
3. What shocking news does Sally receive?
4. What word best describes Otto's behavior?
5. How does Bernard allegedly die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes of Fraulein Schroeder?
2. What events lead up to the first problems with Sally and Christopher?
3. What is the purpose of Christopher's trip to Ruegen Island? Where does he stay while on the island?
4. What is the subtitle to this section? When and where do the events take place?
5. What is the phrase the narrator uses to describe himself?
6. How does the narrator describe Sally Bowles?
7. Peter shows several instances of mental illness. Describe the illness and what Peter has chosen to do about it.
8. What was Christopher's reaction to being flirted with by two of the three ill women at the sanitarium?
9. What is familiar about the lodgings of the narrator?
10. Who is Clive? What is the relationship between Sally, Christopher and Clive?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)