|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernard really die?
(a) Blood poisoning.
2. Fraulein Mayr belongs to which organization?
(b) Red Cross.
(d) Women's knitting guild.
3. What is the name of the cousin Christopher befriends?
4. Where does Bowles work?
(b) Street corner.
(d) Government office.
5. What is the first name of Fraulein Bowles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the "animalistic" and selfish German character?
2. Where does Otto live?
3. What adjective best describes the daughter?
4. What does Christopher usually do during the day?
5. What is the girl's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is familiar about the lodgings of the narrator?
2. What precipitates Sally's move from her residence? Where does she go?
3. What is the nature of the relationship between Peter and Otto?
4. Peter shows several instances of mental illness. Describe the illness and what Peter has chosen to do about it.
5. What is the overall format of the book? What is one of the main recurring themes?
6. When do the events in Section five take place? What is the basis of the vignette?
7. How does Christopher describe the situation?
8. What was Christopher's reaction to being flirted with by two of the three ill women at the sanitarium?
9. What happens to Bernard at the end of the story? What does it really mean?
10. What is the subtitle to this section? When and where do the events take place?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)