|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the daughter marry?
(a) French doctor.
(c) English aristocrat.
(d) Spanish lawyer.
2. What does Christopher usually do during the day?
(b) Watch TV.
3. What is Christopher's final feeling about the events that have occurred during his time in Berlin?
4. Christopher compares staying at the Nowaks to being where?
5. Which is not the profession of the friends on the island?
(a) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who visits with Christopher?
2. What is the name of the precocious daughter?
3. What does Fraulein Mayr do for a living?
4. What is Christopher's attitude toward Fraulein Schroeder?
5. What is the first name of Fraulein Bowles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Bernard at the end of the story? What does it really mean?
2. What is familiar about the lodgings of the narrator?
3. How does Christopher describe Bernard? How does he compare to Natalia?
4. What are Christopher's final thoughts on the events of the past several years?
5. What was Christopher's reaction to being flirted with by two of the three ill women at the sanitarium?
6. What is the nature of the relationship between Peter and Otto?
7. Who is Clive? What is the relationship between Sally, Christopher and Clive?
8. What is the purpose of Christopher's trip to Ruegen Island? Where does he stay while on the island?
9. What is the overall format of the book? What is one of the main recurring themes?
10. When do the events in Section five take place? What is the basis of the vignette?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)