|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator live?
(a) Rooming house.
2. Christopher visits the last known gathering place for which group?
3. Why does Peter plan to go to see a doctor once he returns home?
(a) Head cold.
(b) Food poisoning.
(d) Severe sunburn.
4. Who visits with Christopher?
5. Which is not the profession of the friends on the island?
(b) Construction worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of the Jewish family for whom Christopher works?
2. Where does Otto live?
3. What is the girl's last name?
4. What is the name of the indulgent American man that takes Bowles under his wing?
5. What is the name of the setting used in Section 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the overall format of the book? What is one of the main recurring themes?
2. How does Christopher describe the situation?
3. Peter shows several instances of mental illness. Describe the illness and what Peter has chosen to do about it.
4. What is familiar about the lodgings of the narrator?
5. How does the author describe Peter and Otto?
6. What is the nature of the relationship between Peter and Otto?
7. What becomes of Fraulein Schroeder?
8. What is the activity shared by Christopher and Fritz. Does the activity confirm any thoughts about Christopher's sexuality?
9. What happens to Bernard at the end of the story? What does it really mean?
10. How does the narrator describe Sally Bowles?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)