|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eventually causes Christopher to leave the island?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Writer's block.
2. Fraulein Mayr belongs to which organization?
(b) Red Cross.
(d) Women's knitting guild.
3. How old is Sally?
4. How does Bernard really die?
(a) Blood poisoning.
5. What is Christopher's attitude toward Fraulein Schroeder?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Christopher describe the food served at the Nowak house?
2. Although some of the confrontations between Nazis and Jews were _________, most were violent.
3. Who becomes entrenched with the Nazis?
4. What is the narrator's profession?
5. Where does the cousin work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the relationship between Peter and Otto?
2. How does the narrator describe Sally Bowles?
3. How does the author describe Peter and Otto?
4. How does Christopher describe Bernard? How does he compare to Natalia?
5. What becomes of Fraulein Schroeder?
6. Who are the residents of the boarding house?
7. When do the events in Section five take place? What is the basis of the vignette?
8. What are Christopher's final thoughts on the events of the past several years?
9. What was Christopher's reaction to being flirted with by two of the three ill women at the sanitarium?
10. With which two family members does Christopher seem to connect with the most?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)