|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the opening setting for the novella?
2. What word is best used to describe Mr. Norris?
3. For what purpose is this other character at the same location?
(b) To collect information.
(d) To meet someone.
4. The reader learns that there was a confrontation between which two characters?
(a) Norris and the Baron.
(b) Bradshaw and Schmidt.
(c) Otto and Anni.
(d) Norris and Schmidt.
5. What holiday do Bradshaw and Norris spend together?
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bradshaw meet in a bar?
2. Who else do the men spot at the station?
3. For which organization does the Baron work?
4. Which of the following character intercepts the communique?
5. Bradshaw describes Norris' plans for which event?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Bradshaw meet on arriving at Norris' house for tea? What is the man's occupation?
2. What becomes obvious to Bradshaw over the next few days?
3. How does Bradshaw manage to get information about Norris?
4. Describe at least part of the conversation regarding Norris' financial situation.
5. What news does Bradshaw receive regarding the Baron?
6. What is the offer made to Bradshaw by the Baron? What happens when Bradshaw receives the offer from the Baron?
7. Describe the situation between Norris and Bradshaw after the confrontation. Where did the men go together?
8. Norris leaves Berlin without a word to anyone. Why doesn't Norris explain in a letter?
9. The narrator makes what declaration about the election results?
10. How do the four men come to spend the day together?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)