|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Christopher go to this location?
(b) To meet friends.
(c) To rest.
(d) To write.
2. What does Christopher usually do during the day?
(c) Watch TV.
3. Where does Frau Nowak go to live?
(b) Nursing home.
(c) With her daughter.
4. What sport is highly popular in Berlin at this time?
5. How old is Sally?
6. What is the profession of Fraulein Kost?
7. Where do the men go for entertainment?
(a) Communist rally.
(b) Train station.
8. Where does Bowles work?
(a) Government office.
(b) Street corner.
9. What does Fraulein Mayr do for a living?
(b) Cleans dormitories.
(c) Acts as a secretary.
(d) Teaches school.
10. Who visits with Christopher?
11. What is the name of the cousin Christopher befriends?
12. How does Bernard really die?
(d) Blood poisoning.
13. What does Otto leave for Christopher after the break up?
14. Where does the narrator live?
(b) Rooming house.
15. Christopher compares staying at the Nowaks to being where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a writer's term for a piece that is essentially "a slice of life?"
2. Who does the daughter marry?
3. What is the name of the "animalistic" and selfish German character?
4. The narrator likes to refer to himself as which of the following?
5. Although some of the confrontations between Nazis and Jews were _________, most were violent.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)