|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Peter plan to go to see a doctor once he returns home?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Severe sunburn.
(d) Head cold.
2. Fraulein Mayr belongs to which organization?
(b) Red Cross.
(d) Women's knitting guild.
3. What is the name of the setting used in Section 3?
(d) Ruegen Island.
4. Where does Christopher go after he leaves Berlin?
5. What shocking news does Sally receive?
(a) She has been fired.
(b) Her father is killed.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Bobby is a Nazi.
6. Which is not the profession of the friends on the island?
(b) Construction worker.
7. What is the adjective best used to describe Otto's neighborhood?
8. What adjective best describes the daughter?
9. In what month is Section 5 set?
10. Who does Christopher refer to as being "mere ghosts?"
(a) Women of his past.
(b) Women in hospital.
(c) Boarding house tenants.
11. Christopher is certainly a person that supports which culture?
12. Which of the following characters moves out of the boarding house, making room for Fraulein Bowles?
13. How old is Sally?
14. What is the name of the enigmatic character in the house?
15. What is the name of the spoiled, young, rich girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's profession?
2. What is the surname of the Jewish family for whom Christopher works?
3. What does Christopher usually do during the day?
4. Where do the men go for entertainment?
5. What is the name of the narrator?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)