|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the setting used in Section 3?
(b) Ruegen Island.
2. What is the name of the man that regularly accompanied Sally to the club?
3. What is the girl's last name?
4. What is a common activity in the Nowak house?
(b) Watching TV.
5. What is the name of the spoiled, young, rich girl?
6. Where does Bowles work?
(a) Government office.
(c) Street corner.
7. What is the narrator's profession?
8. How does Bernard allegedly die?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Heart failure.
9. The narrator likes to refer to himself as which of the following?
10. Where does the cousin work?
(a) Family store.
(b) Nazi headquarters.
(c) Boarding house.
11. What shocking news does Sally receive?
(a) Her father is killed.
(b) Bobby is a Nazi.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has been fired.
12. Where does Frau Nowak go to live?
(a) With her daughter.
(c) Nursing home.
13. How does Bernard really die?
(b) Blood poisoning.
14. What eventually causes Christopher to leave the island?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Writer's block.
15. Christopher compares staying at the Nowaks to being where?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month is Section 5 set?
2. Where do the men go for entertainment?
3. The young American woos Sally with talk of which of the following?
4. When Christopher returns to the Nowak house to find Otto, he learns that the family seems quite content to live without which of the following?
5. What does Otto attempt to do?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)