|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story, what emotion does Christopher feel for Berlin?
2. Why does Peter plan to go to see a doctor once he returns home?
(a) Head cold.
(b) Severe sunburn.
(d) Food poisoning.
3. What is the name of the cousin Christopher befriends?
4. What is the narrator's profession?
5. What is this character's profession?
(a) Book salesman.
(d) Secret Service agent.
6. Where does Frau Nowak go to live?
(a) With her daughter.
(c) Nursing home.
7. What country is home to this particular character?
8. What is Christopher's final feeling about the events that have occurred during his time in Berlin?
9. What does Fraulein Mayr do for a living?
(a) Cleans dormitories.
(b) Acts as a secretary.
(d) Teaches school.
10. Who does Christopher refer to as being "mere ghosts?"
(b) Women in hospital.
(c) Boarding house tenants.
(d) Women of his past.
11. Christopher visits the last known gathering place for which group?
12. Who does Sally visit after the young man vanishes?
13. What adjective best describes the daughter?
14. What is the adjective best used to describe Otto's neighborhood?
15. When Christopher returns to the Nowak house to find Otto, he learns that the family seems quite content to live without which of the following?
(d) A roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christopher go after he leaves Berlin?
2. Christopher refers to his series of vignettes as a:
3. What is the name of the spoiled, young, rich girl?
4. What is the name of the indulgent American man that takes Bowles under his wing?
5. The beginning of "Goodbye to Berlin" begins with a description of which of the following?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)