|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher talks about being fearful during which incident?
(b) Walking down a dark alley.
(c) Being faced with Nazis.
(d) Ill woman approach him.
2. Where does the narrator live?
(a) Rooming house.
3. What country is home to this particular character?
4. What is the name of the "animalistic" and selfish German character?
5. How does Christopher describe the food served at the Nowak house?
6. How old is Sally?
7. What is Christopher's final feeling about the events that have occurred during his time in Berlin?
8. What sport is highly popular in Berlin at this time?
9. Who does the daughter marry?
(a) Spanish lawyer.
(c) French doctor.
(d) English aristocrat.
10. Who visits with Christopher?
11. What does Bowles eat that disgusts Christopher?
(b) Bangers and mash.
(c) Ketchup sandwiches.
(d) Prairie Oyster.
12. The beginning of "Goodbye to Berlin" begins with a description of which of the following?
(b) Street life.
(d) A beautiful woman.
13. How does Bernard really die?
(b) Blood poisoning.
14. What shocking news does Sally receive?
(a) Her father is killed.
(b) She has been fired.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) Bobby is a Nazi.
15. Christopher refers to his series of vignettes as a:
(a) Waste of time.
(d) Photo album.
Short Answer Questions
1. The young American woos Sally with talk of which of the following?
2. Who does Christopher refer to as being "mere ghosts?"
3. What finally ends the trouble relationship between Otto and Peter?
4. For what reason does Christopher go to this location?
5. What is the first name of Fraulein Bowles?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)