|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young American woos Sally with talk of which of the following?
(d) Coney Island.
2. Why does Peter plan to go to see a doctor once he returns home?
(a) Severe sunburn.
(b) Head cold.
(d) Food poisoning.
3. Christopher refers to his series of vignettes as a:
(a) Photo album.
(c) Waste of time.
4. What is the name of the spoiled, young, rich girl?
5. Christopher is certainly a person that supports which culture?
6. Christopher visits the last known gathering place for which group?
7. Where does Bowles work?
(a) Street corner.
(d) Government office.
8. What is the surname of the Jewish family for whom Christopher works?
9. What finally ends the trouble relationship between Otto and Peter?
(a) Otto dies.
(b) Peter is in a car accident.
(c) Otto leaves.
(d) Peter leaves.
10. Where does Christopher go after he leaves Berlin?
11. What is the name of the "animalistic" and selfish German character?
12. What word best describes Otto's behavior?
13. Where does Otto live?
14. What is this character's profession?
(a) Book salesman.
(b) Secret Service agent.
15. How old is Sally?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the girl's last name?
2. How does Christopher describe the food served at the Nowak house?
3. Where does Frau Nowak go to live?
4. How many tenants live at the narrator's home?
5. What is the name of the indulgent American man that takes Bowles under his wing?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)