|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only woman in the fish market who is kind to Florent?
2. Florent tells Pauline stories about _____________________.
(a) a wicked witch who eats bad children.
(b) a man who escaped from Devil's Island.
(c) a shop girl who sells hats and gloves.
(d) a little girl who lives in a candy store.
3. Why is Gavard glad that Florent has his new job?
(a) So he can give him discounts.
(b) So he can build a good clientele.
(c) So he can thumb his nose at the government.
(d) So he can have a steady income.
4. Who is Florent's sister-in-law?
(a) Lisa Quenu.
(b) Susanne Lyon.
(c) Sara Mignon.
(d) Marie Qualle.
5. Where is Uncle Gradelle's fortune found?
(a) A trunk under the bed.
(b) The bottom of a barrel.
(c) A bank account.
(d) A lock box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which charcuterie does Florent visit?
2. What does Florent do most of the day?
3. As a result of his upbringing, Quenu grows up to be ___________________.
4. For what reason does Florent accept the job in #56?
5. Who is the only person who knows that Florent has escaped from Devil's Island?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mademoiselle Saget finally get information on Florent's secret?
2. Who is the old friend that Florent encounters upon his return to Paris?
3. How do La Belle Lisa and La Belle Normande become friends again?
4. Who is Monsieur Gavard and what impact does he have on the lives of Florent and Quenu?
5. Who is the protagonist of THE BELLY OF PARIS and what is his situation that sets up the novel?
6. How are Florent and Quenu related?
7. What does Lisa do to try and satisfy her suspicions of Florent?
8. What are the circumstances in which Florent assumes care of Quenu?
9. Why does Gradelle hire La Belle Lisa?
10. What temporary job does Florent accept and how does he feel about working again?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)