|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is La Belle Normande's son?
2. How does Florent support himself and Quenu?
(a) He gives private lessons.
(b) He is a waiter.
(c) He builds houses.
(d) He is a cook.
3. What is the cause of Uncle Gradelle's death?
(c) Gunshot wound.
(d) Heart attack.
4. Which charcuterie does Florent visit?
(a) Monsieur Gavard's charcuterie.
(b) The Francois-Quenelle charcuterie.
(c) The Quenu-Gradelles' charcuterie.
(d) The Pousson charcuterie.
5. Who becomes the sole heir to Uncle Gradelle's fortune?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the person in #14 to escape from Devil's Island?
2. Why does Florent abandon his law studies a second time?
3. In what century is THE BELLY OF PARIS set?
4. Which relative do Florent and Quenu reconnect with?
5. What job does Florent accept?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Florent mysteriously disappears?
2. Why do the authorities seize Muche's lesson books?
3. Who are the family members that Florent reunites with and what is the nature of their business?
4. Who lures Pauline away from the charcuterie and what does he promise her?
5. What accounts for Quenu's lack of decisiveness and spoiled behavior?
6. How does Florent meet La Belle Normande and what does she do that upsets him?
7. Why will Florent's naivete be his undoing in the insurrection plans?
8. How does Florent reject Quenu and Lisa's bourgeois lifestyle?
9. What is the most obvious thing that differentiates Marjolin and Cadine from Lisa and Quenu?
10. What is Florent's main challenge is adjusting to Parisian life?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)