|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Florent accept the job in #56?
(a) To rebuild his reputation.
(b) To polish his skills.
(c) To make some quick money.
(d) To appease Lisa.
2. Who is La Belle Normande's son?
3. To whom does Florent give part of his monthly salary?
(b) Monsieur Gavard.
(c) La Belle Lisa.
(d) Monsieur Verlaque.
4. What is the reaction of the Devil's Island escapee to all the food when he arrives at the market of Les Halle?
(a) He lunges into a fruit cart.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He can barely focus.
(d) He faints.
5. What does Florent begin to plan in Chapter 3?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A new house.
(d) A new business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the vicious neighborhood gossip known for exchanging rumors for food?
2. What is Claude Lantier's profession?
3. What does La Belle Normade do that makes Florent nervous?
4. Why does Florent abandon his law studies a second time?
5. Who is the worst gossip in Les Halles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Florent visualize at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. Why does Florent decide he must become involved in changes in Paris and with whom does he meet to discuss a possible insurrection?
3. What is the setting of THE BELLY OF PARIS?
4. Why do the authorities seize Muche's lesson books?
5. Who is the only character that defies the Fat vs. Thin categorization?
6. How is the narrative circular in THE BELLY OF PARIS?
7. Who is Monsieur Gavard and what impact does he have on the lives of Florent and Quenu?
8. Explain Florent's escape from Devil's Island and his journey back to Paris.
9. Why does La Belle Lisa not tell Quenu about the police waiting to arrest Florent?
10. How do Florent and Quenu's lives change when they reconnect with their Uncle Gradelle?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)