|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #121 tell La Belle Lisa about Florent?
(a) You should stay out of other people's business.
(b) Decent people have that wonderful gift of always knowing how to do the right thing.
(c) If he is doing something criminal you are obligated to report it.
(d) Just wait a while longer to see what happens.
2. Why is La Belle Lisa embarrassed when she goes to the police station to report Florent?
(a) She is related to a criminal.
(b) She breaks down into a sobbing fit.
(c) She is the last person in the neighborhood to report him.
(d) She is harboring an insurgent.
3. How does Pauline get so dirty while away from the shop?
(a) Digging in the dirt.
(b) Rolling down park hills.
(c) Playing in a sandbox.
(d) Playing in the street.
4. Who is Marjolin?
(a) A clothing designer.
(b) A famous photographer.
(c) An orphan in Les Halles.
(d) A chef.
5. What do the authorities seize at the first home they search?
(d) Lesson books.
6. Who sees Pauline and returns her to the charcuterie?
(a) Mademoiselle Saget.
(b) La Belle Normande.
7. With whom does La Belle Normande think she may be in love?
8. What sentence do Florent and Gavard receive?
(a) Six months in prison.
(c) Life in prison.
9. What happens to Florent when he returns to the charcuterie?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He has a surprise birthday dinner.
(c) He hosts a party for all his comrades.
(d) He falls and breaks a leg.
10. Mere Mehudin tells Florent that ____________________ is waiting for him at the charcuterie.
(a) La Belle Normande.
(b) A surprise party.
(c) A middle-aged gentleman.
(d) A good supper.
11. Who is in love with La Belle Normande?
12. What has Monsieur Gavard recently purchased?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A revolver.
(c) A new house.
(d) A studio.
13. Who appoints himself Florent's lieutenant?
14. What concept does Claude introduce?
(a) Return on investment.
(b) Profit and loss.
(c) Diminishing returns.
(d) Fat versus Thin.
15. How many children did Mere Chantemesse have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does La Belle Lisa think that Florent is up to no good?
2. According to Claude, what does Lisa lack?
3. What does La Belle Lisa find in Florent's drawer?
4. What is Florent's consuming passion?
5. What does La Belle Lisa not tell Quenu when he returns home?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)