|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Florent's main flaw in trying to overthrow the government?
(b) Insufficient funds.
(c) Lack of comrades.
(d) Mental illness.
2. How does Lisa feel about her attraction to Marjolin?
3. Where does Marjolin attempt to take advantage of La Belle Lisa?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The clock tower.
(c) The poultry cellar.
(d) The charcuterie storeroom.
4. How is Pauline lured away from the shop?
(a) The promise of an amusement park.
(b) The promise of candy.
(c) The promise of new ribbons.
(d) The promise of a doll.
5. Who sees Pauline and returns her to the charcuterie?
(c) La Belle Normande.
(d) Mademoiselle Saget.
6. Why is La Belle Lisa embarrassed when she goes to the police station to report Florent?
(a) She breaks down into a sobbing fit.
(b) She is harboring an insurgent.
(c) She is related to a criminal.
(d) She is the last person in the neighborhood to report him.
7. What is Florent doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Walking the streets of Paris.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Giving a speech.
(d) Eating at a cafe.
8. What information does Pauline reveal to the person in #134?
(a) Her parents fight all the time.
(b) Florent escaped from prison.
(c) She stole some candy.
(d) She is in love with Muche.
9. What has Monsieur Gavard recently purchased?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A new house.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A studio.
10. Who is in love with La Belle Normande?
11. Florent tends to live in a world of ______________.
12. Where is Leon employed?
(a) At a flower shop.
(b) At a newspaper.
(c) At the Quenus' shop.
(d) At a bistro.
13. What represents a person's character in the petit bourgeois class?
14. Who appoints himself Florent's lieutenant?
15. What is the identifying characteristic of the person in #142?
(a) He is a hunchback.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is lame.
(d) He has six fingers on one hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Cadine when she opens her business?
2. With whom does La Belle Lisa offer to be friends with again?
3. The person in #154 convinces Florent to join him in looking for _____________.
4. How can Claude's physical appearance be described?
5. What is Florent's consuming passion?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)