|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women NOT do in Gavard's rooms?
(a) Burn his personal papers.
(b) Take his money.
(c) Clean his clothes.
(d) Clean the rooms.
2. Who is Mere Chantemesse?
(a) An opera singer.
(b) A French actress.
(c) A widow who adopts the orphans.
(d) A famous fashion model.
3. What does La Belle Lisa decide to do regarding Florent?
(a) Watch him just a little while longer.
(b) Fix him up with a friend of hers.
(c) Make him pay rent.
(d) Hire him in the charcuterie.
4. The characters in THE BELLY OF PARIS are considered to be of what class?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Market society.
(c) Poverty level.
(d) Lower class.
5. What information does Pauline reveal to the person in #134?
(a) Her parents fight all the time.
(b) Florent escaped from prison.
(c) She is in love with Muche.
(d) She stole some candy.
6. Who does Florent encounter on his way to Les Halles?
(a) La Belle Lisa.
(c) Claude Lantier.
(d) Monsieur Gavard.
7. According to Claude, what does Lisa lack?
(a) Artistic vision.
(b) Sex appeal.
8. Quenu is rather sweet and rather ____________.
9. What does La Belle Lisa find in Florent's drawer?
(b) A photograph of La Belle Normande.
(c) A roll of money.
10. Where is Leon employed?
(a) At a newspaper.
(b) At a flower shop.
(c) At the Quenus' shop.
(d) At a bistro.
11. Where is Madame Francois' home?
12. What represents a person's character in the petit bourgeois class?
13. Aside from Madame Francois, who is the only other character who is able to see what a sham Les Halles really is?
(c) Claude Lantier.
14. Who is Cadine?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A cheese shop owner.
(c) A painter.
(d) An orphan in Les Halles.
15. Mere Mehudin tells Florent that ____________________ is waiting for him at the charcuterie.
(a) A surprise party.
(b) La Belle Normande.
(c) A good supper.
(d) A middle-aged gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Florent most about Les Halles?
2. What does Madame Leonce say that Monsieur Gavard has in his cupboard?
3. What about herself does Lisa seem to fear?
4. How is Cadine most like La Belle Lisa?
5. Why does La Belle Lisa sneak into Florent's room?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)