|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Pauline forbidden to play with the person in #129?
(a) He is too old for her.
(b) He starts fires.
(c) He is a bad influence.
(d) He is La Belle Normande's son.
2. What seems to fascinate Marjolin and Cadine in the market?
(a) The slaughter of animals.
(b) The clowns.
(c) The fish vendors.
(d) The artists.
3. According to Claude, which person cannot be characterized into the Fat or Thin category?
(c) Madame Francois.
4. What does La Belle Lisa want to do with Florent?
(a) Turn him in to the authorities.
(b) Kick him out of the house.
(c) Rent an artist studio for him.
(d) Help him get his law degree.
5. What is Claude Lantier's profession?
(b) Travel agent.
(d) Pastry chef.
6. With whom does La Belle Normande think she may be in love?
7. What bothers Florent most about Les Halles?
8. Marjolin and Cadine become ___________________.
(c) Like brother and sister.
(d) Partners in crime.
9. What has Monsieur Gavard recently purchased?
(a) A new house.
(b) A studio.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A revolver.
10. The characters in THE BELLY OF PARIS are considered to be of what class?
(a) Upper class.
(b) Poverty level.
(c) Market society.
(d) Lower class.
11. What does Pauline fill her pockets with?
(c) Flower petals.
12. What is Florent doing at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Eating at a cafe.
(b) Giving a speech.
(c) Reading a book.
(d) Walking the streets of Paris.
13. Where does Marjolin attempt to take advantage of La Belle Lisa?
(a) The confessional.
(b) The poultry cellar.
(c) The charcuterie storeroom.
(d) The clock tower.
14. Why does La Belle Lisa snoop in Florent's room?
(a) To find love letters.
(b) To find hidden money.
(c) To find evidence of political involvement.
(d) To find dirty dishes.
15. What do the authorities seize at the first home they search?
(a) Lesson books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in love with La Belle Normande?
2. Where does Florent stop to make notes about his visualizations?
3. Where does Mademoiselle Saget share her gossip with Madame Lecoeur and La Sarriette?
4. Who do Claude and Florent go to the country to visit?
5. How old is Cadine when she opens her business?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)