|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Devil's Island located?
(b) French Guiana.
(c) Puerto Rico.
2. What is Quenu's second career choice?
(c) Fashion designer.
3. Why is Gavard glad that Florent has his new job?
(a) So he can build a good clientele.
(b) So he can thumb his nose at the government.
(c) So he can have a steady income.
(d) So he can give him discounts.
4. Who owns the charcuterie that Florent visits?
5. In what century is THE BELLY OF PARIS set?
6. Who is Florent's younger brother?
7. How long did it take the person in #14 to escape from Devil's Island?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five weeks.
8. Who is La Belle Normande's sister?
9. To what does Florent liken the markets of Les Halles?
(a) A ship's hull.
(b) A huge belly.
(c) A valley.
(d) A cathedral.
10. What is a charcuterie?
(b) Butcher shop.
(c) Cheese shop.
(d) Taxidermy shop.
11. How does La Belle Lisa feel about Florent's job?
(a) She is satisfied.
(b) She thinks he will be a competitor.
(c) She thinks he can do better.
(d) She thinks he will advance quickly.
12. Who is the only person who knows that Florent has escaped from Devil's Island?
13. Why does Florent take this job?
(a) To learn the industry.
(b) To network.
(c) To placate La Belle Lisa.
(d) To get a government job.
14. Where did Florent's father come from?
15. What is the reaction of the Devil's Island escapee to all the food when he arrives at the market of Les Halle?
(a) He lunges into a fruit cart.
(b) He can barely focus.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. La Belle Normande spreads rumors about Florent having an affair with _______________.
2. What is the cause of Uncle Gradelle's death?
3. What is Florent's relationship with La Belle Normande's son?
4. Whose fish stand does Florent shut down?
5. Why does Florent abandon his law studies a second time?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)