|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Florent run into while walking the streets of Paris?
(a) Mademoiselle Lyon.
(b) Monsieur Laurent.
(c) Monsieur Gavard.
(d) Madame Legrand.
2. What does La Belle Normade do that makes Florent nervous?
(a) Will not lock her door.
(b) Antagonizes the police officers.
(c) Flirts with him.
(d) Turns the gas flame up too high.
3. Where is Devil's Island located?
(b) French Guiana.
(d) Puerto Rico.
4. What is the cause of Uncle Gradelle's death?
(a) Gunshot wound.
(b) Heart attack.
5. The Quenus are part of ________________.
(a) the lower class.
(b) the middle class.
(c) the upper class.
(d) the business class.
6. Why is Gavard glad that Florent has his new job?
(a) So he can give him discounts.
(b) So he can have a steady income.
(c) So he can thumb his nose at the government.
(d) So he can build a good clientele.
7. What had Florent studied while in Paris?
8. Where does Madame Francois live?
9. Who owns the charcuterie that Florent visits?
10. Florent never gives in to ______________.
(a) Peer pressure.
(b) His appetites.
(c) Quenu's whining.
(d) Pauline's ploys.
11. In whose back room do Florent and other men hold regular meetings?
(a) Monsieur Logre.
(b) Monsieur Durand.
(c) Monsieur Rosseau.
(d) Monsieur Lebigre.
12. Even though Florent and Quenu are brothers, they have ___________________.
(a) Different mothers.
(b) Different last names.
(c) Different color eyes.
(d) Different fathers.
13. Who is Florent's sister-in-law?
(a) Susanne Lyon.
(b) Marie Qualle.
(c) Sara Mignon.
(d) Lisa Quenu.
14. What is Florent doing when Madame Francois sees him?
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Lying unconscious by the side of the road.
(c) Drinking coffee at a cafe.
(d) Having supper at a bistro.
15. What is the setting for THE BELLY OF PARIS?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the man Florent is filling in for on the job?
2. Who is Florent's younger brother's wife?
3. What is Madame Francois doing as the novel begins?
4. To whom does Florent give part of his monthly salary?
5. How does Florent feel about re-entering Paris society?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)