|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Logre?
(a) A retail store owner.
(b) A regional fish inspector.
(c) A hunchback auctioneer.
(d) A city commissioner.
2. Why does La Belle Lisa think that Florent is up to no good?
(a) He smells of strange perfume sometimes.
(b) He spends too much time at Monsieur Lebigre's.
(c) He stays out all night sometimes.
(d) He loses money at gambling.
3. Where does Marjolin attempt to take advantage of La Belle Lisa?
(a) The poultry cellar.
(b) The charcuterie storeroom.
(c) The confessional.
(d) The clock tower.
4. Why does La Belle Lisa snoop in Florent's room?
(a) To find hidden money.
(b) To find dirty dishes.
(c) To find love letters.
(d) To find evidence of political involvement.
5. What concept does Claude introduce?
(a) Profit and loss.
(b) Diminishing returns.
(c) Return on investment.
(d) Fat versus Thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Madame Francois doing as the novel begins?
2. Florent thinks that Quenu's new life is _____________.
3. What does La Belle Lisa tell Quenu when she learns he had attended a political meeting?
4. Who is Florent's sister-in-law?
5. To whom does Florent give part of his monthly salary?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)