1. Who is the author of THE BELLY OF PARIS?
(a) Flannery O'Connor.
(b) Emile Zola.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) John Steinbeck.
2. What is the setting for THE BELLY OF PARIS?
3. In what century is THE BELLY OF PARIS set?
4. What is Madame Francois doing as the novel begins?
(a) Harvesting crops.
(b) Cooking supper.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Driving a wagon.
5. Where does Madame Francois live?
6. What is Les Halles?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An open air market.
(d) A theater.
7. What is Florent doing when Madame Francois sees him?
(a) Painting portraits.
(b) Drinking coffee at a cafe.
(c) Having supper at a bistro.
(d) Lying unconscious by the side of the road.
8. What does Madame Francois notice about Francois?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) He has only one arm.
(c) He is very thin.
(d) He is very handsome.
9. What does Madame Francois do to help Francois?
(a) Washes his clothes.
(b) Gives him some food.
(c) Gives him some money.
(d) Lets him ride in her wagon.
This section contains 3,561 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)