1. Who is the author of THE BELLY OF PARIS?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Emile Zola.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Flannery O'Connor.
2. What is the setting for THE BELLY OF PARIS?
3. In what century is THE BELLY OF PARIS set?
4. What is Madame Francois doing as the novel begins?
(a) Cooking supper.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Driving a wagon.
(d) Harvesting crops.
5. Where does Madame Francois live?
6. What is Les Halles?
(a) A theater.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) An open air market.
7. What is Florent doing when Madame Francois sees him?
(a) Lying unconscious by the side of the road.
(b) Painting portraits.
(c) Having supper at a bistro.
(d) Drinking coffee at a cafe.
8. What does Madame Francois notice about Francois?
(a) He is very thin.
(b) He is bleeding.
(c) He has only one arm.
(d) He is very handsome.
9. What does Madame Francois do to help Francois?
(a) Gives him some food.
(b) Lets him ride in her wagon.
(c) Washes his clothes.
(d) Gives him some money.
This section contains 3,561 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)