|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Mary have from Mrs. Hudson when she returns to the ship after the time in Palestine?
2. Who is the only person who sees through Mary's disguise in Palestine and knows that she was a woman?
3. How many years of Holmes's life does he say he loses during the drive from Oxford to Sussex?
4. When did Mary and her mother read the story of Judith and Holofernes together?
5. What type of dog does one of Mary's followers walk while Mary is having tea on the road to Eastbourne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holmes see when he arrives at the laboratory in his home and lights a lamp?
2. How does Mary change the spring after she returns from Palestine?
3. What does Mary find of interest when she examines the cab?
4. Why does Mary decide to go to Palestine?
5. Where were some places that Mary and Holmes sleep while they were in Palestine?
6. How will Mrs. Hudson be protected when she returns to care for Holmes's house in Sussex?
7. Why does Mary need a car, and how will she get the money for one?
8. Why is Mary worried about pretending to be alienated from Holmes?
9. What does Mary think when she sees Miss Donleavy in Holmes's laboratory?
10. Describe the cab after it is destroyed and the cab driver choloroformed.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pros and cons that Mary considers when she decides to rescue Jessica rather than wait for Holmes to rescue the child the next day.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Mary's and Holmes's attitudes toward bees.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mary's relationship with her aunt and the reasons why they do not get along.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)