|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mary and Holmes plan to do after listening to music when they meet again after Mary has been at the storage room?
(a) Go back to Oxford.
(b) Find hotel rooms.
(c) Go back to Mycroft's club.
(d) Eat dinner.
2. What color hair does Mary find in the wrecked cab?
3. What type of dog does one of Mary's followers walk while Mary is having tea on the road to Eastbourne?
4. Where is Mrs. Hudson going to get away from the woman mastermind?
(a) A cruise to the United States.
(b) A cousin's home.
(c) Her daughter's home.
(d) A cruise to Australia.
5. How did Miss Donleavy consider blackmailing the cabby Billy?
(a) A scandal in his mother's family.
(b) Incidents in his sister's past.
(c) Indiscretions in his past.
(d) A scandal in his father's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had John Dickson been working before he bombed Watson's house?
2. Who beat and colonized Palestine in the third millennium B.C.E.?
3. What does Mary do with Watson's trousers in Chapter 11?
4. Where did the mud come from that Holmes and Mary find at the scene of the wrecked cab and in the ladies' restroom in the park?
5. What is the name of the large police constable who Mary flatters when she stands by the fire, while Holmes, Lestrade, and the fingerprint expert examine the cab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary decide to go to Palestine?
2. Why does Mary need a car, and how will she get the money for one?
3. Why has Miss Donleavy decided to deal with Holmes at this time in her life?
4. How do Mary and Holmes create a sensation at Mary's lodgings in Chapter 17?
5. Where were some places that Mary and Holmes sleep while they were in Palestine?
6. How did John Dickson change after he received an inheritance?
7. What are three possibilities that may explain the intentions of the mastermind behind the bombings and attacks upon Mary, Holmes, Watson, and the cab?
8. How does Holmes get to Oxford without anyone knowing he is not home?
9. What is in a package that is delivered to the front desk of Scotland Yard in Chapter 12?
10. How does Holmes change after he returns from Palestine?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)