|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which cab has Holmes instructed Mary to take after she has spent time in the storage room?
(a) The third cab.
(b) The fourth cab.
(c) The green cab.
(d) The yellow cab.
2. To what part of Holmes's house do Mary and he go when they get to the house after the drive from Oxford?
(a) A guest bedroom.
3. What is floating near the pier in the river where Holmes and Mary board a boat in Chapter 12?
(a) A dead fish.
(b) A dog's body.
(c) An old boot.
(d) A cat's body.
4. How is Holmes disguised at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) As a gypsy.
(b) As an old priest.
(c) As an old woman.
(d) As a nun.
5. When was the last time that the ladies' restroom in the park had been cleaned?
(a) About five p.m.
(b) Eight a.m.
(c) About eight p.m.
(d) Eleven a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person who sees through Mary's disguise in Palestine and knows that she was a woman?
2. Where had John Dickson been working before he bombed Watson's house?
3. How does Mary explain who Holmes is to Mr. Thomas when Holmes is disguised as a priest?
4. What is the name of the library clerk who tells Mary at the end of Chapter 16 that the library is closing?
5. Where did Professor James Moriarty die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary need a car, and how will she get the money for one?
2. How will Mrs. Hudson be protected when she returns to care for Holmes's house in Sussex?
3. What is in a package that is delivered to the front desk of Scotland Yard in Chapter 12?
4. How does Mary put an end to the impatient grumbles from the uniformed police who are waiting for Holmes and Lestrade to finish examining the crime scene in and around the cab?
5. Why does Mary decide to go to Palestine?
6. Why has Miss Donleavy decided to deal with Holmes at this time in her life?
7. Where were some places that Mary and Holmes sleep while they were in Palestine?
8. How does Holmes act when he and Mary go to the opera at Covent Gardens?
9. Describe what Mary does and says when she sees Jerusalem for the first time.
10. What vital piece of evidence does Holmes miss when he examines the parcel, note, and clothing that are delivered to the Yard for Mary?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)