|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mary's brother when he died?
2. Where had John Dickson been working before he bombed Watson's house?
(a) An accounting office.
(b) His grandfather's grocery store.
(c) His father-in-law's music business.
(d) A construction business.
3. How many Roman numerals do Holmes and Mary see in a picture of the shredded cab seats?
(d) Twenty five.
4. With whom do Mary and Holmes drink cold, sour lemonade?
(a) A high-ranking army officer.
(b) A lady at an embassy.
(c) Jews in a Zionist settlement.
(d) A Bedouin sheikh.
5. What does Holmes give Mary to drink when she awakens from a nightmare on board the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is floating near the pier in the river where Holmes and Mary board a boat in Chapter 12?
2. How much weight has Mary lost since January?
3. What music are Mary and Holmes listening to the evening after Mary spends time at the storage room and shopping?
4. In Chapter 13, what direction does the captain of the boat that carries Holmes and Mary change to at night fall?
5. Where did Captain Jones spend January?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary's driving affect Holmes as they drive toward Sussex?
2. How did Holmes kill Professor James Moriarty?
3. How does Holmes change after he returns from Palestine?
4. What does Mary find of interest when she examines the cab?
5. Where were some places that Mary and Holmes sleep while they were in Palestine?
6. How does Mary change the spring after she returns from Palestine?
7. Why does Mary decide to go to Palestine?
8. Describe what Mary does and says when she sees Jerusalem for the first time.
9. How does Holmes act when he and Mary go to the opera at Covent Gardens?
10. How will Mrs. Hudson be protected when she returns to care for Holmes's house in Sussex?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)