|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary step on to get on the roof of the privy at the house where the kidnappers are staying?
(a) A step stool.
(b) A wooden crate.
(c) A small ladder.
(d) A bucket.
2. What is the name of the club that Mycroft Holmes helped found?
(a) Diogenes Club.
(b) Aristophanes Club.
(c) Hericlitus Club.
(d) Pyrrho Club.
3. What is in the background of a photo of Jessica Simpson that is given to Holmes and Mary?
4. What color clay does Mary find in the carpet at the inn?
5. What had the bomber who bombed Watson's home been convicted of bombing earlier?
(a) A grocery store.
(b) Empire Bank.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chief Inspector Connor arrange to have a car drive Holmes and Mary so they can catch a train?
2. Where is Mary planning to go for Christmas in 1918?
3. When do Mrs. Hudson's letters to Mary at Oxford usually arrive?
4. Besides Jessica Simpson, what else was missing on the morning that the little girl disappeared?
5. Which one of Mrs. Barker's dogs does Mary take to try to sniff out the burglar who stole the food from the inn?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the fourth town that Holmes and Mary visit when searching for Jessica, where do Holmes and Mary learn that Jessica is being held?
2. How do Mary and Holmes contact Mycroft when they arrive at the Diogenes Club?
3. Why does the robbery of the Monk's Tun Inn, of all the cases she ever worked on, stand out in Mary's mind?
4. Why does Holmes destroy the lock of Sylvester's kitchen door?
5. What does Holmes say when Mary asks if he minds if she looks into the burglary at the inn?
6. What happens during the robbery of the Monk's Tun?
7. How does Mary blossom after meeting Holmes?
8. How do Mary and Holmes leave her room unobserved in Chapter 9?
9. In Chapter 2, why can Mary hear the sound of angry queens?
10. What does Mrs. Hudson serve Mary for tea during her first visit to Holmes's residence?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)