|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After catching the burglar who robbed the inn, what does Mary have to eat at the inn?
(b) Lentil soup.
2. When is Watson's home bombed?
(a) Nine p.m.
(b) Shortly after midnight.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Shortly before dawn.
3. What book had Holmes written about bees?
(a) A Practical Handbook of Bee Culture.
(b) The Beehive.
(c) The Apiary Arts.
(d) The Queen.
4. What is the name of the club that Mycroft Holmes helped found?
(a) Hericlitus Club.
(b) Aristophanes Club.
(c) Diogenes Club.
(d) Pyrrho Club.
5. When Mary comes upon Holmes in gypsy disguise, what does he ask her to do while he is gone?
(a) Watch his plant experiment.
(b) Take care of his animals.
(c) Water his plants.
(d) Watch his hemoglobin experiment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the background of a photo of Jessica Simpson that is given to Holmes and Mary?
2. What beverages did the burglar take from the inn?
3. Where did Mary live in the United States?
4. In 1918, when is there a deadly air raid on London?
5. Where had the kidnappers been instructed to purchase clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the fourth town that Holmes and Mary visit when searching for Jessica, where do Holmes and Mary learn that Jessica is being held?
2. How does Mary blossom after meeting Holmes?
3. What happens during the robbery of the Monk's Tun?
4. Why doesn't Holmes believe that the person behind the kidnapping will ever be caught?
5. Why isn't Holmes pleased to be called in to investigate the Simpson kidnapping case?
6. What does Holmes say when Mary asks if he minds if she looks into the burglary at the inn?
7. How does Holmes respond when Mary reveals that she is a girl?
8. What is the storage room?
9. How does Mary determine that the blind man selling pencils is someone in disguise looking for her and for Holmes?
10. Why does Mary hesitate to enter her room at the Thomas's in Chapter 8?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)