|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Holmes disguised at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) As a nun.
(b) As an old priest.
(c) As an old woman.
(d) As a gypsy.
2. What does Miss Donleavy say that Holmes and Mary look like when she confronts them?
(a) A pair of turkeys.
(b) A pair of donkeys.
(c) A pair of idiots.
(d) A pair of sheep.
3. What do Mary and Holmes drink while they wait for the boat to pick them up at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) White tea.
(b) Mint tea.
(c) Apricot juice.
(d) Tamarind juice.
4. Who is the fingerprint expert that Lestrade will have go over the Billy's cab looking for fingerprints?
(a) Ronald MacReedy.
(b) Alastair McBride.
(c) Robert McFeeley.
(d) Burnell McCubbins.
5. When was the toggle detonator used by John Dickson manufactured?
6. When did Mary and her mother read the story of Judith and Holofernes together?
(a) When Mary was six.
(b) When Mary was eight.
(c) When Mary was nine.
(d) When Mary was seven.
7. What color hair does Mary find in the wrecked cab?
8. When was the last time that the ladies' restroom in the park had been cleaned?
(a) Eleven a.m.
(b) About eight p.m.
(c) About five p.m.
(d) Eight a.m.
9. How many letters does Mary have from Mrs. Hudson when she returns to the ship after the time in Palestine?
10. With whom do Mary and Holmes drink cold, sour lemonade?
(a) A lady at an embassy.
(b) A Bedouin sheikh.
(c) A high-ranking army officer.
(d) Jews in a Zionist settlement.
11. Where does Mary reluctantly go on a picnic in the spring at Oxford?
(a) Boar's Hill.
(b) Farmers' Wood.
(c) Phillips' Hill.
(d) Prior's Wood.
12. How long does Holmes want himself and Mary to disappear to try to get the female mastermind off their trail?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) Four months.
13. How old was Miss Donleavy when Holmes became her hobby?
(d) Twenty one.
14. After their chess game on board ship, when does Mary next speak with Holmes?
(a) At Jerusalem.
(b) At Haifa.
(c) At Hadera.
(d) At Jaffa.
15. How does Miss Donleavy want Holmes laboratory to be lit?
(b) Oil lamps.
(c) The electrical lights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fabric is attached to a button Mary finds when she examines the wrecked cab for clues?
2. Where is Mrs. Hudson going to get away from the woman mastermind?
3. Where does Mary keep the envelope that Holmes gives her when she visits?
4. How many of Holmes's London hideaways did Miss Donleavy find?
5. What does Mary do with Watson's trousers in Chapter 11?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)