|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the garage man who brings Mary her car in Chapter 17?
2. What was Mary's mother's name?
(a) Irene Boyle.
(b) Mary McCarthy.
(c) Rebekah Stein.
(d) Judith Klein.
3. During World War I, when did the British and German soldiers have an undeclared truce?
(a) March 1917.
(b) Christmas 1914.
(c) July 1915.
(d) Thanksgiving 1916.
4. What music are Mary and Holmes listening to the evening after Mary spends time at the storage room and shopping?
(b) da Ponte.
(c) Pollarolo and Scarlatti.
(d) Verdi and Puccini.
5. How many cars are used to follow Mary when she drives to Sussex?
6. To what part of Holmes's house do Mary and he go when they get to the house after the drive from Oxford?
(c) A guest bedroom.
7. What is the relationship between the two men who guide Mary and Holmes around Palestine?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(b) Father and son.
8. Why is Mary late for tea at Holmes's home when she comes in March?
(a) A farmer is herding cows across the road.
(b) A farmer is herding sheep across the road.
(c) A farm cart is overturned on the road.
(d) Mary's car broke down on the road.
9. What does Holmes give Mary to drink when she awakens from a nightmare on board the ship?
10. What type of dog does one of Mary's followers walk while Mary is having tea on the road to Eastbourne?
11. What food does Mary smell when she arrives with Holmes at his house after the drive from Oxford?
(a) Roast lamb.
(b) Meat pies.
(c) Apple pies.
(d) Roast beef.
12. What does Mary throw at Miss Donleavy?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A book.
(c) A beaker.
(d) An ink bottle.
13. Who is the fingerprint expert that Lestrade will have go over the Billy's cab looking for fingerprints?
(a) Burnell McCubbins.
(b) Alastair McBride.
(c) Ronald MacReedy.
(d) Robert McFeeley.
14. What is the name of the cab driver of the cab that Holmes drives on the night that he and Mary attend the opera at Covent Gardens?
15. What music does Mary hear at a concert she attends with a young man?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mrs. Hudson going to get away from the woman mastermind?
2. What is floating near the pier in the river where Holmes and Mary board a boat in Chapter 12?
3. Whose hair did Miss Donleavy leave at the crime scenes?
4. When was the last time that the ladies' restroom in the park had been cleaned?
5. How old does Mary estimate the cab to be that she takes when she goes to meet Holmes after stopping at the storage room?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)