|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Mary have from Mrs. Hudson when she returns to the ship after the time in Palestine?
2. How many years of Holmes's life does he say he loses during the drive from Oxford to Sussex?
3. Where had John Dickson been working before he bombed Watson's house?
(a) His grandfather's grocery store.
(b) A construction business.
(c) His father-in-law's music business.
(d) An accounting office.
4. Where does Mary wear a bandage after she and Holmes return to the ship after their time in Palestine?
(a) On her leg.
(b) On her arm.
(c) Across one cheek.
(d) On her forehead.
5. What story did Mary and her mother read a year after reading about Judith and Holofernes?
(a) Children killed by bears for making fun of Elisha.
(b) Jael and Sisera.
(c) Samson and the jawbone.
(d) Levite's concubine.
6. Whose hair did Miss Donleavy leave at the crime scenes?
(a) Her father's.
(b) Her brother's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her mother's.
7. What part of Holmes's disguise falls to the floor when Mary and Holmes embrace?
(a) Wig and glasses.
(b) Glass eye.
(c) Beard and eyebrow.
(d) False nose.
8. How many cars are used to follow Mary when she drives to Sussex?
9. Where is Mary shot after she struggles with Miss Donleavy?
10. How much weight has Mary lost since January?
(a) Seven pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Four pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
11. What does Holmes smell of when he returns from running errands after the package of clothing is delivered to the Yard?
12. How old was Mary's brother when he learned to read?
13. What music are Mary and Holmes listening to the evening after Mary spends time at the storage room and shopping?
(a) Pollarolo and Scarlatti.
(b) Verdi and Puccini.
(d) da Ponte.
14. What do Mary and Holmes plan to do after listening to music when they meet again after Mary has been at the storage room?
(a) Go back to Oxford.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Go back to Mycroft's club.
(d) Find hotel rooms.
15. How old was Mary's brother when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Mary's tutors are absent when she returns to Oxford after being in Palestine?
2. Where does Mary keep the envelope that Holmes gives her when she visits?
3. Where did Professor James Moriarty die?
4. What is the name of the cab driver of the cab that Holmes drives on the night that he and Mary attend the opera at Covent Gardens?
5. How is Holmes disguised at the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)