|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is floating near the pier in the river where Holmes and Mary board a boat in Chapter 12?
(a) A dog's body.
(b) A cat's body.
(c) An old boot.
(d) A dead fish.
2. How much weight has Mary lost since January?
(a) Seven pounds.
(b) Four pounds.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
3. How much was a man offered to deliver a package to Lestrade's office?
(a) Two guineas.
(b) Three guineas.
(c) Four pence.
(d) Six pence.
4. How many years of Holmes's life does he say he loses during the drive from Oxford to Sussex?
5. Where had John Dickson been working before he bombed Watson's house?
(a) His father-in-law's music business.
(b) His grandfather's grocery store.
(c) A construction business.
(d) An accounting office.
6. What do Mary and Holmes drink while they wait for the boat to pick them up at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) White tea.
(b) Tamarind juice.
(c) Mint tea.
(d) Apricot juice.
7. What animal does Mary brake to avoid on the drive to Sussex?
8. What color hair does Mary find in the wrecked cab?
9. What does Holmes give Mary to drink when she awakens from a nightmare on board the ship?
10. How many years ago did Holmes kill Professor James Moriarty?
(a) Twenty nine.
(b) Twenty five.
(c) Twenty eight.
(d) Twenty seven.
11. Who screams when she sees Holmes and Mary running down the hall and down the stairs at Mary's lodgings?
12. Where did Professor James Moriarty die?
(a) Reichenbach Falls.
(b) Victoria Falls.
(c) Mandraka Falls.
(d) Niagara Falls.
13. What part of Holmes's disguise falls to the floor when Mary and Holmes embrace?
(a) Beard and eyebrow.
(b) Wig and glasses.
(c) False nose.
(d) Glass eye.
14. What does Miss Donleavy say that Holmes and Mary look like when she confronts them?
(a) A pair of sheep.
(b) A pair of donkeys.
(c) A pair of turkeys.
(d) A pair of idiots.
15. What was Mary's mother's name?
(a) Mary McCarthy.
(b) Irene Boyle.
(c) Judith Klein.
(d) Rebekah Stein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do with Watson's trousers in Chapter 11?
2. What do the Roman numerals spell that were slashed into the seat of the wrecked cab?
3. How many of Holmes's London hideaways did Miss Donleavy find?
4. In Chapter 13, what direction does the captain of the boat that carries Holmes and Mary change to at night fall?
5. Where did the relative live who left John Dickson an inheritance?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)