|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play does Mary act in during her first term at Oxford?
(b) Taming of the Shrew.
(c) Cyrano de Bergerac.
2. What do Mary, Holmes, and Mycroft eat at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Leg of lamb.
(b) Cold turkey breast.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Roast capon.
3. Where does Mrs. Hudson's son live?
4. What is Jessica's rag doll's name after the kidnapping?
5. What time of day does the haying crew finish working on a blistering hot day in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten a.m.
(b) One p.m.
(d) Eleven a.m.
6. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
7. Where did Mary live in the United States?
(a) New Mexico.
8. What type of necklace does Mary slip on when she gets dressed in the storage room?
(b) A sapphire pendant.
(c) A gold locket.
(d) A silver chain.
9. What is the nationality of the couple whose daughter was kidnapped?
10. What is the name of the club that Mycroft Holmes helped found?
(a) Diogenes Club.
(b) Pyrrho Club.
(c) Hericlitus Club.
(d) Aristophanes Club.
11. During what type of weather is Mrs. Barker's husband usually sick?
(a) When it is windy.
(b) During clear days.
(c) When it is cloudy.
(d) When it is raining.
12. What is Mary reading when she meets Holmes?
13. Who does Patrick say is robbed in July 1918?
(a) Tillie Whiteneck.
(b) Mollie Benton.
(c) Maggie Wright.
(d) Peggy Brighton.
14. Where had the kidnappers been instructed to purchase clothing?
(b) Port Talbot.
15. Which of Holmes's enemies does Mary jokingly say that the mastermind behind the bombings appears to be like?
(d) Von Bork.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who is watching the Diogenes Club looking for Mary and Holmes?
2. What color paint spots are on the bees that Holmes and Mary watch?
3. When had the bomber who bombed Watson's home been convicted of another bombing?
4. Where is Mary planning to go for Christmas in 1918?
5. What had the bomber who bombed Watson's home been convicted of bombing earlier?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)