|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had the kidnappers been instructed to purchase clothing?
(a) Port Talbot.
2. What had the bomber who bombed Watson's home been convicted of bombing earlier?
(a) A library.
(b) Empire Bank.
(c) A grocery store.
3. What do Mary, Holmes, and Mycroft eat at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Leg of lamb.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Roast capon.
(d) Cold turkey breast.
4. What is Mary reading when she meets Holmes?
5. Who is the police inspector who comes to check out the burglary at the inn?
6. From whose orchard are the some of the bees probably from?
(a) Mr. Warner's.
(b) Mr. Ryan's.
(c) Mr. White's.
(d) Mr. Roberts's.
7. Where is Mrs. Hudson staying in December of 1918?
8. In 1917, what had Holmes and Mary done on Christmas day?
(a) Conducted an experiment with hemoglobin.
(b) Attended a neighborhood party.
(c) Celebrated with Mrs. Holmes.
(d) Dissected a poisoned ram.
9. In Chapter 10, who is watching the Diogenes Club looking for Mary and Holmes?
(a) A beggar.
(b) A woman selling flowers.
(c) A newspaper boy.
(d) A blind man selling pencils.
10. What is the nationality of the couple whose daughter was kidnapped?
11. How many German spies did Holmes and Mary help capture when they helped Mrs. Barker?
12. Who is waiting in Mary's room at the Thomas's when she returns on a wet, cold December evening in 1918?
(b) An old lady.
(c) Mary's aunt.
13. When is Watson's home bombed?
(a) Nine p.m.
(b) Shortly after midnight.
(c) Three a.m.
(d) Shortly before dawn.
14. How far is the walk to Holmes's residence when Mary goes to his home for the first time?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Four miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Five miles.
15. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Holmes begin devising puzzles for Mary?
2. What is the name of the club that Mycroft Holmes helped found?
3. When do Mrs. Hudson's letters to Mary at Oxford usually arrive?
4. What is the year when Mary meets Holmes?
5. What is the name of the constable at the inn where the burglary takes place?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)