|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the year when Mary meets Holmes?
2. What language does Mary read and write?
3. What is Jessica's rag doll's name after the kidnapping?
4. In 1918, when is there a deadly air raid on London?
5. When is Watson's home bombed?
(a) Nine p.m.
(b) Shortly after midnight.
(c) Shortly before dawn.
(d) Three a.m.
6. In 1917, what had Holmes and Mary done on Christmas day?
(a) Dissected a poisoned ram.
(b) Conducted an experiment with hemoglobin.
(c) Celebrated with Mrs. Holmes.
(d) Attended a neighborhood party.
7. In the storage room, what type of shoes does Mary find that match a dress there?
(a) Green satin slippers with low heels.
(b) High-heeled black satin shoes.
(c) High-heeled blue satin shoes.
(d) Scarlet satin sandals with four-inch heels.
8. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
(a) One day.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
9. When does Holmes begin devising puzzles for Mary?
10. Connor had arranged for the constable on guard to be called away from the Simpson's campsite. What time will he return?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Seven o'clock.
(d) Five o'clock.
11. What is the month when Mary meets Holmes?
12. During what type of weather is Mrs. Barker's husband usually sick?
(a) When it is cloudy.
(b) When it is raining.
(c) When it is windy.
(d) During clear days.
13. Where is Mary planning to go for Christmas in 1918?
(a) Margaret Bryant's home.
(b) Veronica Beaconfield's home.
(c) Catharine Whitfield's home.
(d) Jane DelaField's home.
14. How many brands of cigarettes and cigars can Mary recognize from their ashes?
15. Where do Mary and Holmes stay the first night on their journey to investigate the kidnapping?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color tie is Holmes wearing with a gypsy disguise?
2. Where were the Simpsons on holiday when their daughter was kidnapped?
3. What is Mary reading when she meets Holmes?
4. What is the name of the club that Mycroft Holmes helped found?
5. From whose orchard are the some of the bees probably from?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)