|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Senator Simpson grow up?
2. What play does Mary act in during her first term at Oxford?
(b) Cyrano de Bergerac.
(d) Taming of the Shrew.
3. What color paint spots are on the bees that Holmes and Mary watch?
(a) Purple and yellow.
(b) Green and pink.
(c) Red and blue.
(d) Yellow and white.
4. Connor had arranged for the constable on guard to be called away from the Simpson's campsite. What time will he return?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
5. After catching the burglar who robbed the inn, what does Mary have to eat at the inn?
(b) Lentil soup.
6. Which one of Mrs. Barker's dogs does Mary take to try to sniff out the burglar who stole the food from the inn?
7. What did Jessica's rag doll's name used to be before the kidnapping?
8. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
9. Besides Jessica Simpson, what else was missing on the morning that the little girl disappeared?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her pullover.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Some of her clothes.
10. Who does Patrick say is robbed in July 1918?
(a) Maggie Wright.
(b) Peggy Brighton.
(c) Mollie Benton.
(d) Tillie Whiteneck.
11. Why does Mary have to stay at Oxford for a few days after the end of the term before Christmas, 1918?
(a) She has to make up a tutoring session.
(b) She has an oral presentation to give.
(c) She has an essay to finish.
(d) She has an experiment to finish.
12. What does Mary cook for breakfast the morning she and Holmes are near the campsite?
13. Where did Mary live in the United States?
(c) New Mexico.
14. What type of necklace does Mary slip on when she gets dressed in the storage room?
(a) A silver chain.
(c) A sapphire pendant.
(d) A gold locket.
15. From what direction do Mary and Holmes enter London in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Watson away when he goes through the streets of London in disguise?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Barker's maid?
3. How tall is Mary after she attains her full height?
4. What does Mary step on to get on the roof of the privy at the house where the kidnappers are staying?
5. What color tie is Holmes wearing with a gypsy disguise?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)