|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the bomber who bombed Watson's home been convicted of bombing earlier?
(b) A grocery store.
(c) Empire Bank.
(d) A library.
2. Where do Mary and Holmes stay the first night on their journey to investigate the kidnapping?
3. When does Mary turn eighteen?
(a) March 15, 1917.
(b) April 12, 1917.
(c) January 2, 1918.
(d) February 15, 1918.
4. Where is Mary planning to go for Christmas in 1918?
(a) Catharine Whitfield's home.
(b) Veronica Beaconfield's home.
(c) Margaret Bryant's home.
(d) Jane DelaField's home.
5. What color clay does Mary find in the carpet at the inn?
6. In Chapter 8 when Holmes makes coffee for Mary, what traces of a substance remain in the beaker that he uses?
(c) Castor oil.
7. In 1918, when is there a deadly air raid on London?
8. Which family member is Mary named after?
(a) Her paternal grandmother.
(b) Her mother's sister.
(c) Her father's sister.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
9. How many brands of cigarettes and cigars can Mary recognize from their ashes?
10. What do Mary, Holmes, and Mycroft eat at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Cold turkey breast.
(b) Roast capon.
(c) Leg of lamb.
(d) Roast beef.
11. What is in the background of a photo of Jessica Simpson that is given to Holmes and Mary?
12. What is the nationality of the couple whose daughter was kidnapped?
13. What beverages did the burglar take from the inn?
(a) Two bottles of beer.
(b) Two bottles of vodka.
(c) Three bottles of ale.
(d) Three bottles of whiskey.
14. What is the year when Mary meets Holmes?
15. What does Mary cook for breakfast the morning she and Holmes are near the campsite?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn that is robbed in July 1918?
2. Where do Homes and Mary agree to meet the evening after Watson's home is bombed?
3. Where did Mary live in the United States?
4. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
5. How far is the walk to Holmes's residence when Mary goes to his home for the first time?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)