|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 13, Umbilicus Mundi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary comes upon Holmes in gypsy disguise, what does he ask her to do while he is gone?
(a) Watch his hemoglobin experiment.
(b) Take care of his animals.
(c) Water his plants.
(d) Watch his plant experiment.
2. Where is Mary planning to go for Christmas in 1918?
(a) Jane DelaField's home.
(b) Veronica Beaconfield's home.
(c) Catharine Whitfield's home.
(d) Margaret Bryant's home.
3. From what direction do Mary and Holmes enter London in Chapter 8?
4. Who is waiting in Mary's room at the Thomas's when she returns on a wet, cold December evening in 1918?
(c) Mary's aunt.
(d) An old lady.
5. What is Mary reading when she meets Holmes?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary and her mother read the story of Judith and Holofernes together?
2. When was the last time that the ladies' restroom in the park had been cleaned?
3. How many German spies did Holmes and Mary help capture when they helped Mrs. Barker?
4. What gives Watson away when he goes through the streets of London in disguise?
5. How much money did Sylvester steal?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)