|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 10, The Problem of the Empty House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the month when Mary meets Holmes?
2. Which family member is Mary named after?
(a) Her father's sister.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her mother's sister.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
3. How far is the walk to Holmes's residence when Mary goes to his home for the first time?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Five miles.
4. Which of Holmes's enemies does Mary jokingly say that the mastermind behind the bombings appears to be like?
(c) Von Bork.
5. What food did the burglar take from the inn?
(a) A whole pig.
(b) Four smoked hams.
(c) Six loaves of bread.
(d) Two sides of beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed are some of the Barkers' dogs?
2. From what direction do Mary and Holmes enter London in Chapter 8?
3. What awakens Mary at the beginning of Chapter 10?
4. Where do Mary and Holmes stay the first night on their journey to investigate the kidnapping?
5. During what type of weather is Mrs. Barker's husband usually sick?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)