|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 10, The Problem of the Empty House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Senator Simpson getting the money for his daughter's ransom?
(a) A loan from his sister.
(b) A loan from his father.
(c) A loan from his brother.
(d) A loan from his aunt.
2. What beverages did the burglar take from the inn?
(a) Three bottles of ale.
(b) Two bottles of vodka.
(c) Two bottles of beer.
(d) Three bottles of whiskey.
3. How old is Mary when she meets Holmes?
4. Connor had arranged for the constable on guard to be called away from the Simpson's campsite. What time will he return?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Five o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
5. What pile of back issues does Holmes give Mary to read while he gathers a gypsy outfit for her to wear?
(a) The Morning Star.
(b) The Times.
(c) The London News.
(d) The Telegraph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary cook for breakfast the morning she and Holmes are near the campsite?
2. What is the brooch set with that Holmes gives Mary for her birthday?
3. Who is waiting in Mary's room at the Thomas's when she returns on a wet, cold December evening in 1918?
4. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
5. Which one of Mrs. Barker's dogs does Mary take to try to sniff out the burglar who stole the food from the inn?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)