|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 10, The Problem of the Empty House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary cook for breakfast the morning she and Holmes are near the campsite?
2. In December of 1918, what does Holmes give Mary as an early birthday present?
(a) A set of picklocks.
(b) A locket.
(d) A magnifying glass.
3. When Mary comes upon Holmes in gypsy disguise, what does he ask her to do while he is gone?
(a) Water his plants.
(b) Take care of his animals.
(c) Watch his plant experiment.
(d) Watch his hemoglobin experiment.
4. In 1917, what had Holmes and Mary done on Christmas day?
(a) Conducted an experiment with hemoglobin.
(b) Dissected a poisoned ram.
(c) Celebrated with Mrs. Holmes.
(d) Attended a neighborhood party.
5. What beverages did the burglar take from the inn?
(a) Three bottles of whiskey.
(b) Three bottles of ale.
(c) Two bottles of vodka.
(d) Two bottles of beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting in Mary's room at the Thomas's when she returns on a wet, cold December evening in 1918?
2. Which family member is Mary named after?
3. What is in the background of a photo of Jessica Simpson that is given to Holmes and Mary?
4. From what direction do Mary and Holmes enter London in Chapter 8?
5. How old is the man who manages Mary's farm?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)