|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Chapter 5, The Vagrant Gypsy Life.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member is Mary named after?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her mother's sister.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her father's sister.
2. What is the name of Mary's tutor who helps her pass the exams for Oxford?
(a) Miss Maxwell.
(b) Miss Sims.
(c) Miss Applegate.
(d) Miss Binns.
3. When does Mary turn eighteen?
(a) February 15, 1918.
(b) March 15, 1917.
(c) April 12, 1917.
(d) January 2, 1918.
4. What time of day does the haying crew finish working on a blistering hot day in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten a.m.
(c) Eleven a.m.
(d) One p.m.
5. How old is the man who manages Mary's farm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed are some of the Barkers' dogs?
2. Which one of Mrs. Barker's dogs does Mary take to try to sniff out the burglar who stole the food from the inn?
3. What is the month when Mary meets Holmes?
4. What play does Mary act in during her first term at Oxford?
5. Who is the police inspector who comes to check out the burglary at the inn?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)