|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four: Chapter 17, Forces Joined.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Senator Simpson getting the money for his daughter's ransom?
(a) A loan from his aunt.
(b) A loan from his sister.
(c) A loan from his brother.
(d) A loan from his father.
2. What book had Holmes written about bees?
(a) The Apiary Arts.
(b) A Practical Handbook of Bee Culture.
(c) The Queen.
(d) The Beehive.
3. Besides Jessica Simpson, what else was missing on the morning that the little girl disappeared?
(a) Her pullover.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Some of her clothes.
(d) Her shoes.
4. In 1917, what had Holmes and Mary done on Christmas day?
(a) Celebrated with Mrs. Holmes.
(b) Dissected a poisoned ram.
(c) Attended a neighborhood party.
(d) Conducted an experiment with hemoglobin.
5. During World War I, when did the British and German soldiers have an undeclared truce?
(a) Thanksgiving 1916.
(b) Christmas 1914.
(c) March 1917.
(d) July 1915.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the inn that is robbed in July 1918?
2. What type of necklace does Mary slip on when she gets dressed in the storage room?
3. What color clay does Mary find in the wrecked cab?
4. What does Mary do with Watson's trousers in Chapter 11?
5. What do Mary and Holmes plan to do after listening to music when they meet again after Mary has been at the storage room?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)