|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Four: Chapter 17, Forces Joined.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between the two men who guide Mary and Holmes around Palestine?
(a) Uncle and nephew.
(c) Father and son.
2. What base does Mary use to crack the code of the Roman numerals left on the seat of the wrecked cab?
(a) Base ten.
(b) Base seven.
(c) Base eight.
(d) Base two.
3. What does Holmes give Mary to drink when she awakens from a nightmare on board the ship?
4. How many days does it take Holmes and Mary to travel past the roadblock leading to the Simpson's campsite?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Three days.
5. Where do Homes and Mary agree to meet the evening after Watson's home is bombed?
(a) Chelsea Gardens.
(b) Surrey Gardens.
(c) Jellicoe Gardens.
(d) Covent Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When had the bomber who bombed Watson's home been convicted of another bombing?
2. What is the name of the cab driver of the cab that Holmes drives on the night that he and Mary attend the opera at Covent Gardens?
3. Where is Mrs. Hudson staying in December of 1918?
4. Which one of Mrs. Barker's dogs does Mary take to try to sniff out the burglar who stole the food from the inn?
5. What story did Mary and her mother read a year after reading about Judith and Holofernes?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)