|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Chapter 12, Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Holmes want himself and Mary to disappear to try to get the female mastermind off their trail?
(a) Three months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
2. Where is Senator Simpson getting the money for his daughter's ransom?
(a) A loan from his father.
(b) A loan from his sister.
(c) A loan from his aunt.
(d) A loan from his brother.
3. When Holmes and Mary discuss where to go to stay away from the mastermind behind the bombings and other attacks, how long does Holmes say it has been since he had a vacation?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twenty five years.
4. During what type of weather is Mrs. Barker's husband usually sick?
(a) When it is raining.
(b) During clear days.
(c) When it is windy.
(d) When it is cloudy.
5. How long after the Monk's Tun case does a case come to Mary and Holmes that puts the Monk's Tun case in perspective?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Jessica Simpson, what else was missing on the morning that the little girl disappeared?
2. Where does Chief Inspector Connor arrange to have a car drive Holmes and Mary so they can catch a train?
3. What type of necklace does Mary slip on when she gets dressed in the storage room?
4. What is the name of the monograph that Holmes wrote about footprints?
5. Where did Senator Simpson grow up?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)