Book One: Chapter 1, Two Shabby Figures
1. How old is Mary when she meets Holmes?
2. What is the year when Mary meets Holmes?
3. What is the month when Mary meets Holmes?
4. What is Mary reading when she meets Holmes?
5. What color paint spots are on the bees that Holmes and Mary watch?
(a) Red and blue.
(b) Purple and yellow.
(c) Green and pink.
(d) Yellow and white.
6. From whose orchard are the some of the bees probably from?
(a) Mr. Warner's.
(b) Mr. Ryan's.
(c) Mr. White's.
(d) Mr. Roberts's.
7. How far is the walk to Holmes's residence when Mary goes to his home for the first time?
(a) Two miles.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Four miles.
8. What book had Holmes written about bees?
(a) A Practical Handbook of Bee Culture.
(b) The Apiary Arts.
(c) The Beehive.
(d) The Queen.
9. Which family member is Mary named after?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her mother's sister.
(d) Her father's sister.
This section contains 3,983 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)