|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the libertines adjourn to do at the end of The Bedroom Philosophers?
(b) Make love.
2. Which character is a virgin at the beginning of The Bedroom Philosophers?
(a) Madame de Mistival.
3. What does theft ensure, according to the pamphleteer?
(b) Bank security.
(c) Even division of wealth.
(d) Lack of materialism.
4. At the beginning of the Fifth Dialogue, how long does Madame de Saint-Ange say she has been trying to break Augustin?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
5. What is the second section of Frenchmen, Some More Effort if You Wish to Become Republicans?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end of the Fifth Dialogue, Chevalier argues that Dolmance would not be so callous if what happened?
2. What is the only thing that Madame de Saint-Ange claims to want from her brother?
3. According to Dolmance in this section, laws are written for whom?
4. What does the author of Frenchmen, Some More Effort if You Wish to Become Republicans suggest the state religion be based upon?
5. Who does Dolmance take into the other room at the end of the Fifth Dialogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Chevalier's argument in this section atypical of the rest of the text?
2. How does Dolmance conclude his argument with Chevalier in this section?
3. How could The Bedroom Philosophers be viewed as satire?
4. What is the cumulative value of madame de Saint-Ange's inundation in the Fifth Dialogue?
5. What is the only true connection between two people, according to Dolmance in this section?
6. How is Madame de Mistival punished after her tribunal in the Final Dialogue?
7. What is the only purpose of friendship, according to Dolmance?
8. How does Dolmance explain his vile character in this section?
9. What transpires at the end of the Fifth Dialogue?
10. How does Eugenie's reaction to her mother in the beginning of the Final Dialogue reflect a change in her character?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)