|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dolmance like to keep in his house for sexual pleasure?
(a) A small horse.
(b) A young boy.
(c) Five old women.
(d) A servant from India.
2. What promise do Madame de Saint-Ange and Dolmance make Eugenie at the beginning of this section?
(a) To help her plan a murder.
(b) To get her out of her parent's house.
(c) To preserve her virginity until the Cevalier arrives.
(d) To secure her a private honorarium.
3. According to Dolmance in the Fourth Dialogue, mankind was created to be what?
4. According to Madame de Saint-Ange in this section, why are no desires uncommon?
(a) They are all pleasurable.
(b) They are all found in nature.
(c) They are all lawful.
(d) They are all permitted in libertinage.
5. What is the maximum number of penises that Madame de Saint-Ange theorizes a woman could handle at one time?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section, why does Dolmance insist that Madame de Saint-Ange hurry in her lesson to Eugenie?
2. In the Fourth Dialogue, what has Madame de Saint-Ange offered 500 sous for?
3. What is the value of starvation, according to Dolmance in the Third Dialogue?
4. At the beginning of the Fourth Dialogue, Chevalier assures Eugenie of his what?
5. Instructing Eugenie on the precautions she must take as a wanton woman, Madame tell her to do what regularly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Madame de Saint-Ange recommend a married woman carry out her infidelity?
2. How is the the sexual passage of this section typical of the writing of The Bedroom Philosophers?
3. What sexual acts are covered in this section of the book?
4. What is the value of blasphemy to the libertine?
5. What pattern of sexual arrangements emerges in the Third Dialogue?
6. What arrangement does Dolmance create with Chevalier in the Fourth Dialogue?
7. How does Eugenie respond to finding Dolamnce in the boudoir in the Third Dialogue?
8. What skill do women have for cruelty, according to Dolmance at the end of the Third Dialogue?
9. What is the relationship between Madame de Saint-Ange and the Chevalier?
10. Why is sodomy, according to Dolmance, the height of libertine pleasure?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)