|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new attribute to Eugenie's personality in this section shocks Madame?
(a) Her coldness.
(b) Her amorousness.
(c) Her ruthlessness.
(d) Her cynicism.
2. According to Dolmance, what does God have no reason to do?
(a) Forbid homosexuality.
(b) Let people live comfortably.
(c) Damn people to Hell.
(d) Care about humanity.
3. With whom does Dolmance perform anal sex in this section?
(d) Madame de Saint-Ange.
4. In the Third Dialogue, what function of the human body does Dolmance refuse to discuss?
5. What does Dolmance propose Eugenie learn about at the beginning of the Fourth Dialogue?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what iconic literary figure does Chevalier compare himself and his sister in the First Dialogue?
2. In the Fourth Dialogue, what has Madame de Saint-Ange offered 500 sous for?
3. How large is Chevalier's phallus compared to Dolmance's?
4. In Dolmance's opinion, what should a girl use to break her hymen?
5. What decor of Madame de Saint-Ange's boudoir arouses curiosity from Eugenie in the Third Dialogue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Dolmance.
2. Describe Dolmance's attitudes toward the poor.
3. What skill do women have for cruelty, according to Dolmance at the end of the Third Dialogue?
4. At the beginning of this section, what argument does Dolmance make regarding virtue?
5. How does Eugenie decide to murder her mother?
6. What hypothetical sexual inundation do Dolmance and Madame concoct in the Fourth Dialogue?
7. What methods does Madame recommend for avoiding pregnancy?
8. Describe the argument that Dolmance and Chevalier have in the Fourth Dialogue?
9. What is the relationship between Madame de Saint-Ange and the Chevalier?
10. What pattern of sexual arrangements emerges in the Third Dialogue?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)