|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dolmance's physical proof that nature prefers anal sex?
(a) The anus is positioned in line with the genitals.
(b) The anus is possessed by all people.
(c) The anus is tighter than the vagina.
(d) The anus is shaped to fit the penis.
2. What is Eugenie's initial reaction to seeing Dolmance in Madame's boudoir in the Third Dialogue?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is giddy.
(c) She is livid.
(d) She is nonplussed.
3. What does Dolmance like to keep in his house for sexual pleasure?
(a) A small horse.
(b) A servant from India.
(c) Five old women.
(d) A young boy.
4. What order does Dolmance give Eugenie regarding their devious plan in the coming days?
(a) Seduce a sevant in the house.
(b) Get close to her mother.
(c) Add arsenic to the family port.
(d) Return to the convent.
5. According to Dolmance, what is the most preferable type of virtue?
(a) Satanic virtue.
(b) Masochistic virtue.
(d) False virtue.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dolmance, Christianity is just a newer form of what?
2. According to Madame de Saint-Ange, what customary restriction does Dolmance make regarding his sexual partners?
3. Near the end of this section, Dolmance discusses his libertine friends seducing who?
4. What role models does Dolmance detest vocally regarding his virtue-vice argument?
5. What does Madame's elderly husband force her to consume?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Chevalier reassure Eugenie at the beginning of the Fourth Dialogue?
2. Describe Dolmance.
3. What arrangement does Dolmance create with Chevalier in the Fourth Dialogue?
4. What is the value of blasphemy to the libertine?
5. What odd and incorrect theories of conception are discussed in the Third Dialogue?
6. How does Eugenie respond to finding Dolamnce in the boudoir in the Third Dialogue?
7. Describe Dolmance's defense of incest.
8. How does Chevalier frame Dolamnce's entrance in the First Dialogue?
9. What theory regarding large penises does Dolmance posit in the Fourth Dialogue?
10. How does Eugenie decide to murder her mother?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)