|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eugenie cease to believe in after being sodomized?
2. Why does the author disapprove of the death penalty?
(a) It is immoral.
(b) It is too painless.
(c) It is redundant.
(d) It is cumbersome.
3. According to the pamphleteer, what do Revolutionaries risk if they return to the Christian God?
(b) Loss of rights.
(c) The end of a pluralist society.
(d) A rejection of Christianity.
4. Who does Dolmance take into the other room at the end of the Fifth Dialogue?
(d) Madame de Saint-Ange.
5. What act does Madame de Saint-Ange commit in this section that inflames Dolmance?
6. What is the first form of love that Dolmance decries in this section?
(b) Familial love.
(c) Love of self.
7. How does Dolmance physically stimulate Augustin at the beginning of the Fifth Dialogue?
(a) He tussels his hair.
(b) He penetrates his anus.
(c) He strokes his penis.
(d) He kisses his neck.
8. Which character does Dolmance send to escort Madame de Mistival home at the end of the Final Dialogue?
9. In nature, according to Dolmance, what commodity is not as sacred as some believe?
10. According to the pamphlet's author, what do totalitarian rulers use God for?
(a) Spiritual guidance.
(b) Gaining money.
(c) Issuing edicts.
(d) Washing away their sins.
11. According to Dolmance in this section, what do sodomites pride themselves on?
12. Which of the following characters is not involved in plotting the education of Eugenie?
(a) Madame de Saint-Ange.
(b) Madame de Mistival.
(c) Eugenie's father.
13. What does Dolmance do to Madame de Mistival as he lectures her in the Final Dialogue?
(a) He sodomizes her.
(b) He binds her hands and feet.
(c) He forces her to perform fellatio on Augustin.
(d) He whips her.
14. Who does Dolmance call near the end of this section?
(c) Madame de Mistival.
(d) Eugenie's Father.
15. What does the author of Frenchmen, Some More Effort if You Wish to Become Republicans suggest the state religion be based upon?
(a) De Sade's writings.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Kama Sutra.
(d) The Olympian gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dolmance in this section, a thing cannot be criminal if it has what?
2. When does Dolmance say he experiences the greatest sexual pleasure?
3. What does theft ensure, according to the pamphleteer?
4. Which of the following does the pamphleteer not defend as egalitarian expression?
5. According to Dolmance in this section, why are all kings tyrants?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)