|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dolmance characterize the poor at the end of this section?
2. According to Madame in the Third Dialogue, what is the psychological effect of semen's operation in conception?
(a) Men must copulate constantly.
(b) Women desire to drink semen.
(c) Children love their fathers more.
(d) Women yearn to have a penis.
3. In this section, Dolmance argues that no one owes fidelity to what?
(a) Their spouse.
(b) Their nation.
(d) Their parents.
4. Which body part does Madame de Saint-Ange recommend using to help a man to orgasm in this section?
5. According to Madame de Saint-Ange in this section, why are no desires uncommon?
(a) They are all pleasurable.
(b) They are all lawful.
(c) They are all found in nature.
(d) They are all permitted in libertinage.
6. Which of the following is not a recommendation Dolmance makes to Eugenie in this section regarding sodomy?
(a) Avoid bowel movements beforehand.
(b) Do not have anal sex with multiple men in a row.
(c) Take frequent enemas.
(d) Avoid acids.
7. In this section of the Third Dialogue, what does Eugenie forswear?
(a) Her family.
8. How large is Chevalier's phallus compared to Dolmance's?
(a) It is the same size.
(b) It is much smaller.
(c) It is much larger.
(d) Sade does not address this in the text.
9. How does Madame de Sainte-Ange know Eugenie's father?
(a) She is his grandmother.
(b) He is her priest.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) They are lovers.
10. Who is the first character to begin kissing and caressing Eugenie?
(b) Madame de Saint-Ange.
11. According to Madame de Saint-Ange, what customary restriction does Dolmance make regarding his sexual partners?
(a) He is celibate.
(b) He prefers prepubescent girls.
(c) He never has sex with only one person at a time.
(d) He generally only has sex with men.
12. According to Dolmance, what separates the understanding of virtue and vice?
13. Where does Chevalier exit to at the end of the First Dialogue?
(a) The garden.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The boudoir.
(d) The dinette.
14. Which Roman emperor does Dolmance cite at the end of the Third Dialogue?
15. What term does the Marquis de Sade use to refer to his readers in the beginning of his Introduction?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the Third Dialogue, what two subjects does Dolmance discuss as being of particular joy to a libertine?
2. What is the maximum number of penises that Madame de Saint-Ange theorizes a woman could handle at one time?
3. Instructing Eugenie on the precautions she must take as a wanton woman, Madame tell her to do what regularly?
4. Who knocks at the boudoir door at the end of the Third Dialogue?
5. According to Dolmance, what is the most pleasurable sexual act?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)