|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dolmance, what separates the understanding of virtue and vice?
2. How many people are involved in the sexual tryst Chevalier first engages in with Dolmance, as related in the First Dialogue?
3. What is the maximum number of penises that Madame de Saint-Ange theorizes a woman could handle at one time?
4. In the beginning of this section, Dolmance recommends Eugenie get what?
(a) A sex slave.
(b) A dildo.
(c) A female companion.
(d) A Kama Sutra.
5. Where was Eugenie before she became acquainted with Madame de Saint-Ange?
(b) A convent.
(c) The colonies.
(d) A boardng academy.
6. Who knocks at the boudoir door at the end of the Third Dialogue?
(b) Madame de Mistival.
(c) The Marquis de Sade.
7. At the end of the Third Dialogue, what two subjects does Dolmance discuss as being of particular joy to a libertine?
(a) Sodomy and wealth.
(b) Blasphemy and cruelty.
(c) Pain and perversion.
(d) Selfishness and arrogance.
8. What corporal punishment does Dolmance administer to Eugenie early in the Third Dialogue?
(a) Tying down.
(c) Dripping hot wax.
9. How many of Madame's own children has she killed?
10. According to Dolmance, what is the most preferable type of virtue?
(a) Masochistic virtue.
(b) False virtue.
(d) Satanic virtue.
11. How does Dolmance characterize the poor at the end of this section?
12. According to Dolmance, what does God have no reason to do?
(a) Let people live comfortably.
(b) Forbid homosexuality.
(c) Damn people to Hell.
(d) Care about humanity.
13. Which character masturbates Chevalier first in the Fourth Dialogue?
(c) Madame de Saint-Ange.
14. How does Madame de Sainte-Ange know Eugenie's father?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) He is her priest.
(c) She is his grandmother.
(d) They are siblings.
15. In the Fourth Dialogue, what has Madame de Saint-Ange offered 500 sous for?
(a) A larger penis than the Chevalier's.
(b) A copy of the 100 Days on Sodom.
(c) A hundred men at once.
(d) A passion she has not known.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Fourth Dialogue, who penetrates Dolmance with a dildo?
2. At the beginning of this section, what crime does Dolmance admit to?
3. Which of the following is not a human activity prohibited by law that Dolmance does not dismiss as permissible?
4. Which Roman emperor does Dolmance cite at the end of the Third Dialogue?
5. Where does Chevalier exit to at the end of the First Dialogue?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)