|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sade recommend his young girl readers emulate?
(a) Madame de Mistival.
(c) Madame de Saint-Ange.
2. What word does Dolmance excoriate as meaningless at the beginning of this section?
3. When does Madame de Saint-Ange say a women must tell her husband she is taking lovers?
(a) When the husband is impotent.
(b) When the husband is a libertine as well.
(c) When the husband is British.
(d) When the husband is dying.
4. In the beginning of this section, Dolmance recommends Eugenie get what?
(a) A sex slave.
(b) A dildo.
(c) A female companion.
(d) A Kama Sutra.
5. According to Dolmance, what is the most preferable type of virtue?
(b) Satanic virtue.
(c) Masochistic virtue.
(d) False virtue.
6. Near the end of this section, Dolmance discusses his libertine friends seducing who?
(d) Mental patients.
7. What does Dolmance like to keep in his house for sexual pleasure?
(a) Five old women.
(b) A small horse.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A servant from India.
8. What is the value of starvation, according to Dolmance in the Third Dialogue?
(a) It separates to lazy from the industrious.
(b) It allows him to eat more.
(c) It reduces the population.
(d) It creates manure.
9. What corporal punishment does Dolmance administer to Eugenie early in the Third Dialogue?
(a) Dripping hot wax.
(b) Tying down.
10. At the end of this section, Dolmance says that a libertine's ultimate fidelity is to what?
(c) The anus.
11. At the beginning of the Fourth Dialogue, Chevalier assures Eugenie of his what?
12. To what iconic literary figure does Chevalier compare himself and his sister in the First Dialogue?
(a) Don Quixote.
(c) Oedipus Rex.
13. Which term best describes Eugenie's initial cries during the copulation of this section?
14. Which Roman emperor does Dolmance cite at the end of the Third Dialogue?
15. During Chevalier's Fourth Dialogue demonstration, what does Dolmance charge Eugenie to trample?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Eugenie's hair?
2. In To the Libertines, what does Sade promise to all of those who follow his precepts?
3. With whom does Dolmance perform anal sex in this section?
4. How large is Chevalier's phallus compared to Dolmance's?
5. According to Dolmance, Christianity is just a newer form of what?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)