|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Third Dialogue, Part One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sade recommend his young girl readers emulate?
(a) Madame de Mistival.
(d) Madame de Saint-Ange.
2. According to Madame de Saint-Ange, what customary restriction does Dolmance make regarding his sexual partners?
(a) He is celibate.
(b) He prefers prepubescent girls.
(c) He never has sex with only one person at a time.
(d) He generally only has sex with men.
3. What is the value of starvation, according to Dolmance in the Third Dialogue?
(a) It reduces the population.
(b) It separates to lazy from the industrious.
(c) It allows him to eat more.
(d) It creates manure.
4. What term does the Marquis de Sade use to refer to his readers in the beginning of his Introduction?
5. In this section of the Third Dialogue, what does Eugenie forswear?
(a) Her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Madame in the Third Dialogue, what is the psychological effect of semen's operation in conception?
2. Where does Chevalier exit to at the end of the First Dialogue?
3. What color is Eugenie's hair?
4. In To the Libertines, what does Sade promise to all of those who follow his precepts?
5. What is Dolmance's religious inclination?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)