|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Johanna excited about the Mind Control program?
2. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
3. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
4. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
5. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
2. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
3. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
4. What two colleges does the author attend?
5. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
6. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
7. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
8. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
9. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
10. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Examine the author's sister, Kim. How does the character change throughout the novel?
2. What prompts her to be judgmental of Johanna?
3. Later on, how does she change?
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 3
It seems as though it is very difficult for Johanna to become close to men. Finally, after meeting her husband, she finds peace in a relationship. Describe her relationships with the following men below:
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)