|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Damon get the author to do?
2. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
3. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
4. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
5. What does Dr. Carlos think of Tom and his Mind Control program?
Short Essay Questions
1. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
2. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
3. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
4. As a young student, Johanna tampers with a Ouija Board. What does she believe about the board?
5. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
6. Is Johanna the only person who believes there is evil lurking in Hermanito's work?
7. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
8. What important character is Johanna introduced to after she joins the Light and Power House?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
10. While with the Mind Control group, what does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries are?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
Essay Topic 2
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific events that Johanna has in theaters.
3. Who else from the book would agree with Johanna's assertions?
Essay Topic 3
1. In order to become closer to God, Johanna believes she must give up many things. Name some of the things that Johanna gives up.
2. Why does she think it is essential for her to give up things she enjoys. In her mind, how does it make her closer to God?
3. Do you agree with Johanna's new beliefs? Why or Why not?
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)