|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
2. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
3. What makes the young author's life difficult?
4. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
5. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
2. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
3. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
4. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
5. What happens to be the real truth concerning Pachita's work?
6. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
7. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
8. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
9. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
10. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Examine the author's sister, Kim. How does the character change throughout the novel?
2. What prompts her to be judgmental of Johanna?
3. Later on, how does she change?
Essay Topic 2
The struggle between God and Satan are two major parts of Christianity and the focus of the book.
1. How does the author characterize Satan?
2. How is God characterized?
3. Explain how God and Satan are balancing forces at work throughout the universe everyday.
Essay Topic 3
There are extremely distinct style and tone shifts throughout Johanna's narrative.
1. State the four different styles that Johanna shifts between.
2. What sections have which tones associated with them?
3. How does Johanna weave her tale but also concisely change the tone of the novel?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)