|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
2. What is present on Pachita's alter?
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
4. Who is Mephistopheles?
5. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
2. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
3. How does mind control help humanity?
4. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
6. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
7. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
8. What two colleges does the author attend?
9. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
10. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
Essay Topic 2
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
Essay Topic 3
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)