|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
2. What type of school did the author attend?
3. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
4. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
5. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
2. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
3. What two colleges does the author attend?
4. How does mind control help humanity?
5. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
6. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
7. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
8. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
9. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
10. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
Essay Topic 2
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
Essay Topic 3
1. What is the definition of occult and occult-like activities? How does this definition support or differ from Johanna's views?
2. Describe activities that you enjoy that Johanna would consider to be a part of the occult.
3. Defend your activities and explain why they are not related to the occult.
4. How would Johanna counter your explanation?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)