|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
2. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
3. Who is chosen to be Johanna's first mentor?
4. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
2. How does mind control help humanity?
3. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
4. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
5. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
7. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
8. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
9. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
10. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
Essay Topic 2
The author presents herself to the reader in two different ways.
1. In the first half of her book, what role does Johanna seem to play? How does she identify herself in this role?
2. Now, answer the same questions for the second half of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific events that Johanna has in theaters.
3. Who else from the book would agree with Johanna's assertions?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)