|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
2. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
3. Does the author seem to love her family?
4. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
5. Who is Johanna's second mentor?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
2. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
3. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
4. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
5. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
6. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
7. As a part of the program, practitioners are given two mentors. Who are Johanna's mentors?
8. As a young student, Johanna tampers with a Ouija Board. What does she believe about the board?
9. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
10. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In her travels, apprenticeship and studies, Johanna encounters many individuals who believe that their abilities and psychic abilities are good for humanity.
1. Because Johanna now believes that most of these powers were given by Satan, does she hold the unlikely physic or healer at fault?
2. Is it hypocritical for her to hold these individuals accountable?
3. Does Johanna try to confront her old friends with the truth she believes she now possesses?
Essay Topic 2
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare North Carolina Chapel Hill to Wesleyan College.
2. Why does Johanna choose to switch universities?
3. Does changing schools improve Johanna's life? How does the torture of Johanna continue on throughout her time at both universities?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)