|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carlos?
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
3. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
4. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
5. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
2. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
3. What must all people study according to Johanna?
4. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
5. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
6. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
7. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
8. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
9. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
10. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the book, the author uses various tones to discuss her spiritual journey. Choose two different sections of the book and analyze the tone. How does the author's voice change between the two sections?
Essay Topic 3
The struggle between God and Satan are two major parts of Christianity and the focus of the book.
1. How does the author characterize Satan?
2. How is God characterized?
3. Explain how God and Satan are balancing forces at work throughout the universe everyday.
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)