Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carlos?
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
3. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
4. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
5. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
2. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
3. What must all people study according to Johanna?
4. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
5. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
6. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
7. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
8. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
9. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
10. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
The struggle between God and Satan are two major parts of Christianity and the focus of the book.
1. How does the author characterize Satan?
2. How is God characterized?
3. Explain how God and Satan are balancing forces at work throughout the universe everyday.
The author presents herself to the reader in two different ways.
1. In the first half of her book, what role does Johanna seem to play? How does she identify herself in this role?
2. Now, answer the same questions for the second half of the book.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)