Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Carlos?
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
3. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
4. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
5. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
2. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
3. What must all people study according to Johanna?
4. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
5. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
6. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
7. Upon returning to the United States, what groups does Johanna begin to join?
8. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
9. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
10. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
1. Compare North Carolina Chapel Hill to Wesleyan College.
2. Why does Johanna choose to switch universities?
3. Does changing schools improve Johanna's life? How does the torture of Johanna continue on throughout her time at both universities?
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific events that Johanna has in theaters.
3. Who else from the book would agree with Johanna's assertions?
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)