|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
2. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
3. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
4. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
5. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
2. What two colleges does the author attend?
3. Growing up, what did many townspeople consider Johanna to be?
4. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
5. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
6. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
7. What are the two forms that Jesus appears to Johanna?
8. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
9. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
10. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare the author's birth parents to Os Guinness and Shelia Bird.
2. How do the two couples impact Johanna's life?
3. How does accepting Os and Shelia into her life, forever change Johanna's relationship with her parents?
Essay Topic 2
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
Essay Topic 3
1. Compare the characters of Damon and Beck.
2. How are they similar and different from one another?
3. Why do you think the author chose to use pseudonyms for both characters?
4. Explain the term literary "foil." How does the author establish Damon and Beck to be foils for one another?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)