|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the nuns treat the author?
2. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
3. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
4. Who is Mephistopheles?
5. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
2. What is situated on Pachita's alter?
3. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
4. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
6. As Johanna grows up and attends college, what interests her?
7. Who does Johanna become very close to as a young girl?
8. What is the double meaning for the words "Mind Control."
9. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
10. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In her travels, apprenticeship and studies, Johanna encounters many individuals who believe that their abilities and psychic abilities are good for humanity.
1. Because Johanna now believes that most of these powers were given by Satan, does she hold the unlikely physic or healer at fault?
2. Is it hypocritical for her to hold these individuals accountable?
3. Does Johanna try to confront her old friends with the truth she believes she now possesses?
Essay Topic 2
Johanna attempts to present herself as a true prophet by giving the reader several ways in which he can rid himself from occult-like practices.
1. List the suggested methods.
2. Do you believe their is validity in this method?
3. By giving the reader these guidelines, what is Johanna professing knowledge of?
Essay Topic 3
1. Explain the Mind Control program.
2. Who runs the program and what characters are vital to the organizations?
3. Discuss the dual nature of the name "Mind Control."
4. Does the name of the group lead the reader to assume they have other interests than helping humanity?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)