|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
2. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
4. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
5. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who discovers the Mind Control program and what is it?
2. As a young student, Johanna tampers with a Ouija Board. What does she believe about the board?
3. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
4. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
5. Why does the author's relationship with Beck suddenly come to an end?
6. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
7. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
8. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
9. What type of schooling did Johanna receive?
10. Who else does Johanna meet and become fast friends with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author works relentlessly to establish a theme of darkness throughout the novel.
1. Discuss three occasions where the theme is most intensely carried on the plot and descriptions of events.
2. How does a theme of darkness and deception help the author prove her stance on occult-like practices?
Essay Topic 2
A theme of deception and disguise has a very powerful presence throughout the book. Choose two of the characters below and describe how they successfully or unsuccessfully mask their true selves.
Essay Topic 3
Ultimately, Johanna comes to believe that the theater is related to occult-like behavior.
1. How do Johanna's personal experiences in theaters, cause her to draw this conclusion?
2. Describe two specific events that Johanna has in theaters.
3. Who else from the book would agree with Johanna's assertions?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)