|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
2. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
3. Eventually, who does the author believe is really controlling the minds of the mind control group?
4. How do most occult practices present themselves?
5. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
Short Essay Questions
1. From an early age, what often distracted and bothered Johanna?
2. Why does Johanna decide to marry Beck?
3. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
4. Pachita goes by two different names. What are those names?
5. What does Jesus' appearance mean for Johanna?
6. As she discovers the powers of being near the theater, what spirits does Johanna meet?
7. What reckless friend does Johanna meet in college?
8. Where do the majority of Johanna's fretful experiences with spirits occur?
9. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, the author uses various tones to discuss her spiritual journey. Choose two different sections of the book and analyze the tone. How does the author's voice change between the two sections?
Essay Topic 2
The author presents herself to the reader in two different ways.
1. In the first half of her book, what role does Johanna seem to play? How does she identify herself in this role?
2. Now, answer the same questions for the second half of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Johanna attempts to establish Hermanito as an evil, angered, and manipulative entity. How does Hermanito manipulate the following people below?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)