|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
2. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
3. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
4. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
5. What theater was the author performing in DC?
Short Essay Questions
1. How should believers test their community leaders and religious leaders?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
3. What happens to many Christian and community leaders?
4. How does Johanna determine that her old beliefs are incorrect?
5. As the book closes, what does the author ultimately claim to know?
6. What did Johanna rely on while being attacked by other school children?
7. As Johanna continues to work with Pachita, who does Johanna feel she is having difficulty connecting with?
8. By not mentioning more of her parents actions in the book, what conclusion does the reader draw?
9. As Johanna opens herself into learning more about Christianity, who does she distance herself from?
10. According to Johanna, why is it so easy for many people to be misled by occultism.
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Pachita and Hermanito. How do the two entities share one body?
Do they seem to get along with one another?
How are the two entities like minded but also confused about their existence within one another?
Essay Topic 2
Good versus evil has been the subject of many books throughout history. Find a book that considers this subject and compare it to Johanna's arguments. Does the author present his arguments differently than Johanna or similarly?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, the author uses various tones to discuss her spiritual journey. Choose two different sections of the book and analyze the tone. How does the author's voice change between the two sections?
This section contains 1,474 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)