|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most infallible test?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) A person's inner witness.
(c) Asking the Pope for advice.
(d) Believing on yourself.
2. Why is the last section called "Test the Spirits?"
(a) Johanna's marriage is being tested.
(b) Spirits begin to test Johanna's resolve.
(c) Johanna wants all people to test occult-like spirits and practices.
3. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
(a) Where is God?
(d) Who is God?
4. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
(a) Tom was not worthy of Hermanito.
(b) He appreciated Pachita's commitment to healing humanity.
(c) Pachita beckoned him from the dead.
(d) Johanna was not yet available.
5. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
(a) Her moles.
(b) Her garnish nail polish.
(c) Her ugly hair.
(d) Her glasses.
6. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
(a) Horrifying visions.
(b) A change of heart about her parents.
(c) Advice from her sister.
(d) New food and friends.
7. What does the author allow her parents to participate in?
(a) Spells and rituals.
(b) Her life with her husband.
(c) Her school plays.
(d) Some of Pachita's operations.
8. What is propaganda?
(a) Manic posters, and pop culture.
(b) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
(c) Mean, evil pictures.
(d) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
9. Who was the author unable to connect with?
(a) The spirit of God.
(c) The healing spirit.
10. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
(a) Accepting Jesus as your savior.
(b) Test all occult gifts.
(c) Renounce all occult like practices.
(d) Offer prayers of renunciation.
11. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
(a) Her fractured relationship with her parents.
(b) Her new relationship with God.
(c) Ending her relationship with her lover.
(d) Her new marriage.
12. What does Johanna reveal herself to be?
(a) A believer of the Occult.
(b) God's child.
(c) A prophet.
(d) The wife of a powerful man.
13. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Her work with Pachita.
(b) His job.
(c) His wife's help.
(d) His daughters' relationships.
14. What has Johanna removed from her life as New Foundation ends?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her own ideas.
(c) All evil.
15. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
(a) It represents the new foundation of the Christian Church.
(b) Pachita's run-down home needs renovation.
(c) The roots of Johanna and Randolph's relationship are being established.
(d) Johanna has found a new foundation for her love of cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
2. According to the author, what do members of the Pentecostal or Evangelical churches really experience?
3. What does Johanna's test prove?
4. What operations does she witness?
5. What is a pseudonym?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)