|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
(a) It is actually shaky.
(b) Talking about it with friends.
(c) Condemning others.
(d) Through studying the Bible.
2. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
(a) The exposition.
(b) The resolution.
(c) The climax.
(d) The introduction.
3. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
(a) Advice from her sister.
(b) A change of heart about her parents.
(c) Horrifying visions.
(d) New food and friends.
4. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
5. When the author is around Hermanito, who does she feel is protecting her?
(a) Her sister, Kim.
(b) A spirit from God.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
6. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
(a) Speaking with Sheila and Os.
(b) She uses Biblically defined techniques.
(d) Logical questions.
7. How does Johanna's tone change in the last section of the book?
(b) She is in awe of her own advice.
(c) Her tone is frightened and scared.
(d) It becomes a sermon.
8. What is Johanna attempting to profess knowledge of?
(a) The answers to philosophical logic.
(b) Inner workings of the mind.
(c) The inner workings of the heart.
(d) The unknowable.
9. What is a pseudonym?
(a) A fake name.
(b) A disguise.
(c) A change in personality.
(d) Someone you aspire to be.
10. What does Johanna think that the operations are?
(a) Too good to be true.
(b) Pachita's work.
(c) Gifts from God.
11. What do pastors have a duty to do for their communities?
(a) Explain to them the difference between good versus evil.
(b) Discern between mental illness and Satanic possession.
(c) Keep their followers abreast of new religious developments.
(d) Support all the parishioners.
12. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
(a) She knows that true medicine is not what Hermanito practices.
(b) She thinks academic medicine can learn from Hermanito.
(c) Hermanito is not willing to share is knowledge.
(d) She would be able to learn from him and spread the knowledge throughout the world.
13. What of the author's shift in this section?
14. What Christian organizations does she join?
(a) Fellowship of the Sun.
(b) The Church of Mary and Jesus.
(c) Light and Power House.
(d) The Good Faith Church.
15. Who becomes the antagonist for the book?
(d) Professor Koch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shelia's nickname?
2. What operations does she witness?
3. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
4. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
5. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)