|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shelia's nickname?
(d) Bird brain.
2. What operations does she witness?
(a) Brain replacements.
(b) Medically impossible surgeries.
(c) Leg transfers.
(d) Eye replacements.
3. Who becomes the antagonist for the book?
(a) Professor Koch.
4. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
(a) Yes, but not many times.
(b) Yes, but only with David.
(c) No, never.
(d) Yes, but only a couple of times.
5. Who is Hermanito?
(a) The spirit who takes control of Pachita's body.
(b) Pachita' s lover.
(c) One of the evil spirits working against Johanna.
(d) Tom's partner in Mind Control.
6. When the author is around Hermanito, who does she feel is protecting her?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister, Kim.
(c) Her husband.
(d) A spirit from God.
7. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
(b) Untreatable cancer.
8. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
(a) Her new relationship with God.
(b) Ending her relationship with her lover.
(c) Her fractured relationship with her parents.
(d) Her new marriage.
9. How did another well known author feel about Hermanito/ Pachtia?
(a) She believed too much in Hermanito's ability to heal.
(b) She wished for Hermanito to die.
(c) She was mesmerized by Hermanito.
(d) She also felt as though she was around evil.
10. What is the most infallible test?
(a) Believing on yourself.
(b) Asking the Pope for advice.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) A person's inner witness.
11. Why is the last section called "Test the Spirits?"
(a) Spirits begin to test Johanna's resolve.
(b) Johanna wants all people to test occult-like spirits and practices.
(d) Johanna's marriage is being tested.
12. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
(a) Where is God?
(b) Who is God?
13. According to the author, what do members of the Pentecostal or Evangelical churches really experience?
(a) Evil spirited gatherings.
(b) The true power and grace of God.
(c) Occult-like events.
(d) Out of body experiences.
14. In this last section, what is the author's writing style?
(a) Random and hurried.
(b) Confused as she is not sure of how to guide the readers.
(d) Handbook-like with many lists.
15. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
(a) Johanna's wedding.
(b) With the author's first encounter of Pachita.
(c) Johanna joining the Mind Control Program.
(d) With Johanna's trip to Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
2. How close should we be to our inner witness?
3. How does the author feel that modern day Christian preachers and theologians treat life and teaching?
4. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
5. What does Johanna's test prove?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)