|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
2. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
(a) This assertion is wrong. It is the true word of God.
(b) Humans wrote the Bible.
(c) The Bible has undergone several edits and revisions.
(d) People try to destroy Bibles.
3. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her garnish nail polish.
(c) Her ugly hair.
(d) Her moles.
4. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) The occult lifestyle is not lucrative.
(b) Money is freedom.
(c) Because Johanna gives ways for people to be free of the occult.
(d) It lists ways to gain money and freedom.
5. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
(d) Horoscopes and astrology.
6. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
(a) Her affection for cats.
(b) Her attempt at
(c) Her love of herself.
(d) Her ability to communicate psychically.
7. After one operation, what could the author see in Hermanito?
(a) Kindness and forgiveness.
(c) Hatred and rage.
8. Why does the author resent her parents?
(a) Their support for Pachita.
(b) They sent her sister away from her.
(c) Her parents condemn Johanna for her beliefs.
(d) They refuse to help her financially.
9. What does Shelia insist that Johanna read?
(a) The Torah.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A self help book.
(d) Her favorite poem.
10. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
(a) Her love for Beck and Damon.
(b) Satan's true face.
(c) Hermanito's true evil.
(d) The choice between Satan and God and good and evil.
11. What Christian organizations does she join?
(a) The Church of Mary and Jesus.
(b) Fellowship of the Sun.
(c) The Good Faith Church.
(d) Light and Power House.
12. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
(a) Unhealthy ways of living.
(b) Her lovers.
(c) Her new religious friends.
(d) Her parents.
13. What is one of the virtually impossible surgeries that Hermanito completes?
(a) A vertebral column replacement.
(b) He regenerates a person's fingers.
(c) An arm transplant.
(d) Torso transplant.
14. What does Johanna's test prove?
(a) Pachita's practices are right.
(b) Nothing, her beliefs stay the same.
(c) Her parents are evil.
(d) Johanna's past beliefs were wrong.
15. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
(c) Untreatable cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first step to freeing one's self from the occult?
2. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
3. According to the author, what does the occult's growing influence and presence represent?
4. What is propaganda?
5. What operations does she witness?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)