|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 3rd test in confirming whether or not someone is an occultist?
(a) Not fooling the inner witness.
(b) A miracle of healing being performed by an occultist.
(c) If the community leader truly embraces Jesus.
(d) The person is always accurate a hundred percent of the time.
2. If someone disagrees with the author what would the author assume about the individual?
(a) That disputer is under the influence of Satan.
(b) They are unwilling to listen.
(c) They do not follow Christian ways.
(d) The disagreer is wrong,.
3. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
4. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
(a) Who is God?
(c) Where is God?
5. Who convinces Johanna to travel to Europe?
6. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
7. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
(a) A change of heart.
(b) The author tells her story.
(c) Resolution for her cause.
(d) Exposition of her true situation.
8. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) Because Johanna gives ways for people to be free of the occult.
(b) Money is freedom.
(c) It lists ways to gain money and freedom.
(d) The occult lifestyle is not lucrative.
9. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
(a) Her attempt at
(b) Her ability to communicate psychically.
(c) Her affection for cats.
(d) Her love of herself.
10. What does the author believe to be the absolute word of God?
(a) The Bible.
(b) God himself.
(c) Your own heart.
(d) The Pope.
11. Who is Hermanito?
(a) Tom's partner in Mind Control.
(b) The spirit who takes control of Pachita's body.
(c) One of the evil spirits working against Johanna.
(d) Pachita' s lover.
12. What is Satan's influence like?
(a) Johanna is not sure.
(b) Disguising and confusing.
(c) All knowing.
(d) Disguised as comforting.
13. What of the author's shift in this section?
14. Why is the last section called "Test the Spirits?"
(a) Spirits begin to test Johanna's resolve.
(b) Johanna's marriage is being tested.
(d) Johanna wants all people to test occult-like spirits and practices.
15. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
(a) It represents the new foundation of the Christian Church.
(b) The roots of Johanna and Randolph's relationship are being established.
(c) Pachita's run-down home needs renovation.
(d) Johanna has found a new foundation for her love of cats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author fail to do as her stay begins to move away from being strictly narrative?
2. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
3. How does Satan disguise himself?
4. When does the author feel she really commits herself to Jesus?
5. What is the title Exodus reminiscent of?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)