|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close should we be to our inner witness?
(a) We should experience ultimate intimacy.
(b) As close as we are to are family.
(c) Our inner witness is a part of the occult.
(d) It should be pushed away.
2. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
(a) Logical questions.
(b) She uses Biblically defined techniques.
(c) Speaking with Sheila and Os.
3. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
(a) The introduction.
(b) The exposition.
(c) The climax.
(d) The resolution.
4. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She aims to please Pachita.
(b) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
(c) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
(d) She wishes to sell more books.
5. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
(a) Renounce all occult like practices.
(b) Offer prayers of renunciation.
(c) Test all occult gifts.
(d) Accepting Jesus as your savior.
6. According to the author, what does the occult's growing influence and presence represent?
(a) God's blessings.
(b) Satan's presence.
(c) It is a sign that the End of Times is near.
(d) A new wave of evil in the world.
7. What does Johanna reveal herself to be?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A believer of the Occult.
(c) God's child.
(d) The wife of a powerful man.
8. What is the most infallible test?
(a) Reading the Bible.
(b) Believing on yourself.
(c) Asking the Pope for advice.
(d) A person's inner witness.
9. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) Money is freedom.
(b) It lists ways to gain money and freedom.
(c) Because Johanna gives ways for people to be free of the occult.
(d) The occult lifestyle is not lucrative.
10. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) His daughters' relationships.
(b) Her work with Pachita.
(c) His job.
(d) His wife's help.
11. Why is the last section called "Test the Spirits?"
(a) Johanna wants all people to test occult-like spirits and practices.
(c) Johanna's marriage is being tested.
(d) Spirits begin to test Johanna's resolve.
12. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
(a) Through studying the Bible.
(b) It is actually shaky.
(c) Talking about it with friends.
(d) Condemning others.
13. Are many of the author's points absolute?
(a) No, only the Pope is absolute.
(b) No, only God is absolute.
(d) In her opinion, yes.
14. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
(c) Who is God?
(d) Where is God?
15. If someone disagrees with the author what would the author assume about the individual?
(a) They do not follow Christian ways.
(b) That disputer is under the influence of Satan.
(c) They are unwilling to listen.
(d) The disagreer is wrong,.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
2. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
3. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
4. What is "the blood of the lamb?"
5. What is the first step to freeing one's self from the occult?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)