|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her moles.
(c) Her ugly hair.
(d) Her garnish nail polish.
2. Who was the author unable to connect with?
(c) The healing spirit.
(d) The spirit of God.
3. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
(b) Family ties.
(d) Book options.
4. Who is Hermanito?
(a) Tom's partner in Mind Control.
(b) The spirit who takes control of Pachita's body.
(c) One of the evil spirits working against Johanna.
(d) Pachita' s lover.
5. What is the most infallible test?
(a) Believing on yourself.
(b) Asking the Pope for advice.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) A person's inner witness.
6. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
(a) Horoscopes and astrology.
7. What does Johanna's test prove?
(a) Johanna's past beliefs were wrong.
(b) Her parents are evil.
(c) Nothing, her beliefs stay the same.
(d) Pachita's practices are right.
8. How does Johanna's tone change in the last section of the book?
(b) She is in awe of her own advice.
(c) Her tone is frightened and scared.
(d) It becomes a sermon.
9. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
(b) She aims to please Pachita.
(c) She wishes to sell more books.
(d) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
10. What does the author fail to do as her stay begins to move away from being strictly narrative?
(a) Stay strong.
(b) Change her mind.
(c) Stay positive.
(d) Keep objectivity.
11. Who convinces Johanna to travel to Europe?
12. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
(a) Logical questions.
(c) She uses Biblically defined techniques.
(d) Speaking with Sheila and Os.
13. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
14. What does Johanna think that the operations are?
(b) Gifts from God.
(c) Too good to be true.
(d) Pachita's work.
15. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
(a) Yes, but only with David.
(b) Yes, but not many times.
(c) Yes, but only a couple of times.
(d) No, never.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author feel she really commits herself to Jesus?
2. What is propaganda?
3. What is one of the virtually impossible surgeries that Hermanito completes?
4. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
5. What is a pseudonym?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)