|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(a) A heart replacement.
(b) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(c) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
2. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
(a) Ending her relationship with her lover.
(b) Her new marriage.
(c) Her fractured relationship with her parents.
(d) Her new relationship with God.
3. What do demons disguise their power as?
(a) It is present in our friends and family.
(b) In books.
(c) They do not truly disguise anything, it is what we choose to see or not see.
(d) It is coming from God.
4. In Johanna's opinion, what must all Christians do?
(a) Be kind to others.
(b) Ignore the truth about good versus evil.
(c) Study the Bible to discern the true manifestations of God's spirit.
(d) Only hang out with one another.
5. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
(a) Johanna joining the Mind Control Program.
(b) Johanna's wedding.
(c) With the author's first encounter of Pachita.
(d) With Johanna's trip to Europe.
6. How does Satan disguise himself?
(a) In humans.
(b) As a holy spirit or being.
(c) In animals.
(d) In material things.
7. What of the author's shift in this section?
8. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
(a) Romantic movies.
(b) Television and film.
9. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
(a) The roots of Johanna and Randolph's relationship are being established.
(b) Pachita's run-down home needs renovation.
(c) Johanna has found a new foundation for her love of cats.
(d) It represents the new foundation of the Christian Church.
10. What is a pseudonym?
(a) A fake name.
(b) A disguise.
(c) A change in personality.
(d) Someone you aspire to be.
11. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
12. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
13. What does Shelia insist that Johanna read?
(a) A self help book.
(b) Her favorite poem.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
14. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
15. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
(b) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
(c) She wishes to sell more books.
(d) She aims to please Pachita.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
2. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
3. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
4. What Christian organizations does she join?
5. What is propaganda?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)