|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
(a) Her love of herself.
(b) Her attempt at
(c) Her affection for cats.
(d) Her ability to communicate psychically.
2. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
(b) Who is God?
(c) Where is God?
3. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
(a) Her glasses.
(b) Her garnish nail polish.
(c) Her ugly hair.
(d) Her moles.
4. What does the author allow her parents to participate in?
(a) Spells and rituals.
(b) Her school plays.
(c) Her life with her husband.
(d) Some of Pachita's operations.
5. What has Johanna removed from her life as New Foundation ends?
(a) Her own ideas.
(b) All evil.
(d) Her parents.
6. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
(a) Her love for Beck and Damon.
(b) The choice between Satan and God and good and evil.
(c) Hermanito's true evil.
(d) Satan's true face.
7. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
(a) She thinks academic medicine can learn from Hermanito.
(b) She knows that true medicine is not what Hermanito practices.
(c) Hermanito is not willing to share is knowledge.
(d) She would be able to learn from him and spread the knowledge throughout the world.
8. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
(a) Offer prayers of renunciation.
(b) Test all occult gifts.
(c) Accepting Jesus as your savior.
(d) Renounce all occult like practices.
9. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
(a) New food and friends.
(b) Horrifying visions.
(c) Advice from her sister.
(d) A change of heart about her parents.
10. Why does the author resent her parents?
(a) They sent her sister away from her.
(b) Their support for Pachita.
(c) Her parents condemn Johanna for her beliefs.
(d) They refuse to help her financially.
11. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
12. What does Johanna's writing lack in this last section?
13. Who was the author unable to connect with?
(c) The spirit of God.
(d) The healing spirit.
14. What is Satan's influence like?
(a) Johanna is not sure.
(b) All knowing.
(c) Disguising and confusing.
(d) Disguised as comforting.
15. What operations does she witness?
(a) Eye replacements.
(b) Brain replacements.
(c) Medically impossible surgeries.
(d) Leg transfers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
2. What does the author believe to be the absolute word of God?
3. What is Shelia's nickname?
4. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
5. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)