|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
(a) Tom was not worthy of Hermanito.
(b) Pachita beckoned him from the dead.
(c) He appreciated Pachita's commitment to healing humanity.
(d) Johanna was not yet available.
2. When the author is around Hermanito, who does she feel is protecting her?
(a) Her sister, Kim.
(b) Her father.
(c) A spirit from God.
(d) Her husband.
3. What is Satan's influence like?
(a) Disguising and confusing.
(b) Johanna is not sure.
(c) Disguised as comforting.
(d) All knowing.
4. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) Her work with Pachita.
(b) His job.
(c) His daughters' relationships.
(d) His wife's help.
5. What does Johanna's writing lack in this last section?
6. How did another well known author feel about Hermanito/ Pachtia?
(a) She also felt as though she was around evil.
(b) She was mesmerized by Hermanito.
(c) She wished for Hermanito to die.
(d) She believed too much in Hermanito's ability to heal.
7. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(a) A heart replacement.
(b) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(c) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
8. What does Johanna think that the operations are?
(a) Gifts from God.
(b) Pachita's work.
(c) Too good to be true.
9. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
(a) Yes, but only with David.
(b) Yes, but only a couple of times.
(c) Yes, but not many times.
(d) No, never.
10. Why does the author resent her parents?
(a) They sent her sister away from her.
(b) Her parents condemn Johanna for her beliefs.
(c) Their support for Pachita.
(d) They refuse to help her financially.
11. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
(a) The introduction.
(b) The exposition.
(c) The climax.
(d) The resolution.
12. By the end of the chapter, what is she solely focusing on?
(a) Her new marriage.
(b) Her fractured relationship with her parents.
(c) Ending her relationship with her lover.
(d) Her new relationship with God.
13. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
14. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
(a) A change of heart about her parents.
(b) Horrifying visions.
(c) New food and friends.
(d) Advice from her sister.
15. What is propaganda?
(a) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
(b) Mean, evil pictures.
(c) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
(d) Manic posters, and pop culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
2. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
3. What is Johanna attempting to profess knowledge of?
4. According to the author, what do members of the Pentecostal or Evangelical churches really experience?
5. When Hermanito breaks down in tears, what does he call himself?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)