|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hermanito?
(a) The spirit who takes control of Pachita's body.
(b) Tom's partner in Mind Control.
(c) One of the evil spirits working against Johanna.
(d) Pachita' s lover.
2. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
(b) Untreatable cancer.
3. Are many of the author's points absolute?
(a) In her opinion, yes.
(b) No, only God is absolute.
(c) No, only the Pope is absolute.
4. What has Johanna removed from her life as New Foundation ends?
(a) All evil.
(c) Her own ideas.
(d) Her parents.
5. What does she feel her parents do not support her in?
(a) Johanna spending so much time with Pachita.
(b) Her conversion to Christianity.
(d) Her embracing of Hermanito.
6. What does the author allow her parents to participate in?
(a) Some of Pachita's operations.
(b) Spells and rituals.
(c) Her school plays.
(d) Her life with her husband.
7. What is Shelia's nickname?
(a) Bird brain.
8. What does the author list in "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) A list of ways one can free themself from the occult.
(b) Different ways to
(c) A list of ways to worship God.
(d) Ways to love one's family.
9. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
(a) The exposition.
(b) The climax.
(c) The resolution.
(d) The introduction.
10. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
(a) Who is God?
(d) Where is God?
11. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
(a) Tom was not worthy of Hermanito.
(b) Pachita beckoned him from the dead.
(c) He appreciated Pachita's commitment to healing humanity.
(d) Johanna was not yet available.
12. What is the first step to freeing one's self from the occult?
(a) Test all occult gifts.
(b) Accepting Jesus as your savior.
(c) Destroy all occult related objects.
(d) Offer prayers of renunciation.
13. When the author is around Hermanito, who does she feel is protecting her?
(a) A spirit from God.
(b) Her sister, Kim.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her father.
14. How close should we be to our inner witness?
(a) Our inner witness is a part of the occult.
(b) It should be pushed away.
(c) We should experience ultimate intimacy.
(d) As close as we are to are family.
15. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
(b) Horoscopes and astrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author beg of the reader?
2. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
3. In Johanna's opinion, what must all Christians do?
4. What has happened in the first 14 chapters?
5. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)