|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the author unable to connect with?
(c) The spirit of God.
(d) The healing spirit.
2. What does the author believe to be the absolute word of God?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Your own heart.
(d) God himself.
3. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) The occult lifestyle is not lucrative.
(b) It lists ways to gain money and freedom.
(c) Money is freedom.
(d) Because Johanna gives ways for people to be free of the occult.
4. Who dies in the section, Exodus?
5. When Hermanito breaks down in tears, what does he call himself?
(a) All knowing.
(b) All powerful.
(c) A coward.
(d) A god.
6. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
(a) With Johanna's trip to Europe.
(b) Johanna's wedding.
(c) Johanna joining the Mind Control Program.
(d) With the author's first encounter of Pachita.
7. What is one of the virtually impossible surgeries that Hermanito completes?
(a) Torso transplant.
(b) A vertebral column replacement.
(c) An arm transplant.
(d) He regenerates a person's fingers.
8. What is Johanna finally confronted with during book?
(a) The choice between Satan and God and good and evil.
(b) Satan's true face.
(c) Hermanito's true evil.
(d) Her love for Beck and Damon.
9. What disease did the author's childhood friend have?
(a) Untreatable cancer.
10. What is Johanna attempting to profess knowledge of?
(a) Inner workings of the mind.
(b) The unknowable.
(c) The inner workings of the heart.
(d) The answers to philosophical logic.
11. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
(a) Horrifying visions.
(b) A change of heart about her parents.
(c) New food and friends.
(d) Advice from her sister.
12. What is the title Exodus reminiscent of?
(a) The Bible and the tale of the Jews exit from Egypt.
(b) Changing one's life.
(c) Pachita leaving mind control.
(d) Leaving ones home.
13. What of the author's shift in this section?
14. Does Johanna ever see Pachita again after visiting Europe?
(a) Yes, but only to tell her the truth she has discovered.
(b) No, because she cannot bare the thought.
(c) Yes, only to collect her things.
(d) No she stops seeing her with haste.
15. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
(d) Horoscopes and astrology.
Short Answer Questions
1. After one operation, what could the author see in Hermanito?
2. What is the second step to freeing one's self from the occult?
3. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
4. How has the Bible been manipulated by human hands?
5. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)