|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the very last section called "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) The occult lifestyle is not lucrative.
(b) Because Johanna gives ways for people to be free of the occult.
(c) Money is freedom.
(d) It lists ways to gain money and freedom.
2. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) His job.
(b) Her work with Pachita.
(c) His daughters' relationships.
(d) His wife's help.
3. How does Satan disguise himself?
(a) In material things.
(b) In humans.
(c) As a holy spirit or being.
(d) In animals.
4. Who becomes the antagonist for the book?
(b) Professor Koch.
5. How does Johanna test her new beliefs?
(a) Logical questions.
(b) She uses Biblically defined techniques.
(d) Speaking with Sheila and Os.
6. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
7. What does the author think was the real cause of healings?
(b) Enhanced connections to kind spirits.
(c) Evil spirits of satanic origin.
(d) Tom's enhanced powers.
8. What does Shelia insist that Johanna read?
(a) A self help book.
(b) Her favorite poem.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
9. What does the author list in "The Means of Freedom?"
(a) Different ways to
(b) Ways to love one's family.
(c) A list of ways to worship God.
(d) A list of ways one can free themself from the occult.
10. What operations does she witness?
(a) Medically impossible surgeries.
(b) Leg transfers.
(c) Eye replacements.
(d) Brain replacements.
11. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
(a) Her love of herself.
(b) Her attempt at
(c) Her ability to communicate psychically.
(d) Her affection for cats.
12. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
13. What does the author allow her parents to participate in?
(a) Some of Pachita's operations.
(b) Her school plays.
(c) Spells and rituals.
(d) Her life with her husband.
14. What do demons disguise their power as?
(a) In books.
(b) It is present in our friends and family.
(c) It is coming from God.
(d) They do not truly disguise anything, it is what we choose to see or not see.
15. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
(a) Unhealthy ways of living.
(b) Her new religious friends.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
2. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
3. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
4. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
5. What does Johanna think that the operations are?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)