Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. As the book begins, what business is the author undertaking?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, why is Dr. Carlos angry with Tom?
3. What does Johanna think of Pachita's home?
4. What does the first chapter serve as for the rest of the book?
5. What literary device is prevalent during the first part of the book?
6. What does the author seem to be searching for at the beginning of the novel?
7. What is situated...
This section contains 766 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)