|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
(a) Her friends push her to accept it.
(c) She feels lost without Beck.
(d) Beck's continued comfort.
2. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(b) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(c) Another name for God.
(d) A town in Mexico.
3. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
4. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
(a) It is an evil spirit.
(b) The face is a projection of fear.
(c) It is the true face of Satan impersonating Jesus.
(d) She does not think it is Jesus.
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The evil that lurks within us all.
(c) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
(d) The vitality of youth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the eternal question we are asked as the book closes?
2. Name one more presence of the occult in everyday lives.
3. What is a pseudonym?
4. Was was the author's childhood friend's name?
5. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)