|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is propaganda?
(a) Mean, evil pictures.
(b) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
(c) Manic posters, and pop culture.
(d) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
2. Who does the author meet after joining a couple of organizations?
(a) Her adoptive son, Jeffery.
(b) Her future husband, Randolph.
(c) Her new lover, Jason.
(d) Her best friend, Shannon.
3. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) That something bad is lurking in the future.
(b) A major shift will happen in Johanna's life.
(d) Who the author is and what is important to her.
4. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) Johanna's guardian.
(b) A god that Pachita worships.
(c) An Aztec prince.
(d) Tom's foreign cousin.
5. While clearing her life of the occult, what does Johanna also clear her life of?
(a) Unhealthy ways of living.
(b) Her lovers.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her new religious friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
2. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
3. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
4. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
5. What has Johanna removed from her life as New Foundation ends?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)