|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17 and 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
(a) Atonement for past sins.
(b) Repenting for her powers.
(c) Her gifts are a manifestation of God's spirit.
(d) The author understands that her gifts may be from Satan.
2. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her love of theater.
(b) Her school work.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The bishop's sons.
3. The author feels overwhelmingly ____________ while making her points.
4. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
(b) She aims to please Pachita.
(c) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
(d) She wishes to sell more books.
5. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Damon does not return her feelings.
(b) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(c) Her sister has run away from home.
(d) Her mother has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
2. What is Johanna's father concerned about at the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
5. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)