|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
(a) Johanna has found a new foundation for her love of cats.
(b) The roots of Johanna and Randolph's relationship are being established.
(c) Pachita's run-down home needs renovation.
(d) It represents the new foundation of the Christian Church.
2. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(b) Her mother has died.
(c) Her sister has run away from home.
(d) Damon does not return her feelings.
3. When the author is around Hermanito, who does she feel is protecting her?
(a) Her husband.
(b) A spirit from God.
(c) Her sister, Kim.
(d) Her father.
4. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(b) A male spirit haunts her.
(c) A female spirit haunts her.
(d) She falls in a trap door.
5. Name one presence of the occult in our everyday lives?
(b) Romantic movies.
(c) Television and film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last part of the entire book about?
2. What does Johanna's test prove?
3. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
4. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
5. In Johanna's opinion, what must all Christians do?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)