|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Mysterious and confused.
(c) Fun and whimsical.
(d) Light and airy.
2. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) Her husband.
(b) It appeared spontaneously.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her Catholic school.
3. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
(b) She wishes to sell more books.
(c) She aims to please Pachita.
(d) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
4. What Christian organizations does she join?
(a) The Good Faith Church.
(b) The Church of Mary and Jesus.
(c) Fellowship of the Sun.
(d) Light and Power House.
5. What makes the young author's life difficult?
(a) She does not have many friends.
(b) She hears voices and sees evil beings.
(c) She is beaten by her parents.
(d) She is not an attractive girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
2. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
3. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
4. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
5. At the end of the book, what has the author abandoned?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)