|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 and 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(b) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(c) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(d) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
2. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(b) A picture of her mother.
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) St Joseph.
3. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
(b) Pachita's relative.
(c) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(d) An evil priestess.
4. What is her snake's names?
5. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) The search for justice.
(b) A search for truth.
(c) Fleeing away from evil.
(d) The vileness of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
2. How did another well known author feel about Hermanito/ Pachtia?
3. What is another and more sinister meaning of mind control?
4. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
5. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)