|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(d) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
2. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
(a) A man to protect her.
(b) A safe haven from non believers.
(c) A place of peace.
(d) A new religion.
3. During her travels abroad, what does Johanna frequently experience?
(a) Horrifying visions.
(b) Advice from her sister.
(c) A change of heart about her parents.
(d) New food and friends.
4. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) Tiresias and Mephistopheles.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her friend Beck.
5. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shelia insist that Johanna read?
2. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
3. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
4. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
5. At first, what does Johanna think the Mind Control program does?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)