|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author feel when Jesus appears to her?
(a) Scared and confused.
2. As the chapter ends, what is Johanna richer with?
(b) Family ties.
(c) Book options.
3. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(b) The presence of religion.
(d) A close family unit.
4. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
(b) She wishes to sell more books.
(c) She aims to please Pachita.
(d) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
5. What does Teresias represent?
(b) Evil and darkness.
(c) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
(d) A trusted companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
2. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
3. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
5. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)