|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
(a) She ignores the evil beings.
(b) There is no evil being.
(c) The evil being haunts Johanna at home but not when she is out with friends.
(d) Causes grotesque events to happen.
2. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
(a) She is "preparing the way" for new believers.
(b) She aims to please Pachita.
(c) She wishes to sell more books.
(d) She does not wish to be aligned with God.
3. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
(a) Eric and Jason.
(b) Damon and Beck.
(c) Stanley and Tom.
(d) Tom and Carlos.
4. After one operation, what could the author see in Hermanito?
(a) Hatred and rage.
(c) Kindness and forgiveness.
5. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
(a) Travels abroad.
(b) She realizes that the theater is not safe for her.
(c) She gets an internship with a friend of the family.
(d) Returns to Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first, how does Johanna think that Hermanito's surgeries can help others?
2. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
3. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
4. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
5. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)