|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) No, she feels trapped by them.
(b) Yes, but only her sister.
(c) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(d) Yes, but with reservations.
2. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(a) Dr. Carlos.
(d) Her father.
3. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
(a) The theater at Chapel Hill.
(b) A luxurious room full of crystal.
(c) An indoor park.
(d) Her childhood bedroom.
4. Has Hermanito ever failed during a surgery?
(a) Yes, but only a couple of times.
(b) No, never.
(c) Yes, but only with David.
(d) Yes, but not many times.
5. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) Johanna was home schooled.
(b) Catholic School.
(c) A Jewish Day School.
(d) A public Mexican school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
2. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
4. Who was the author unable to connect with?
5. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)