|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Johanna's friend's operation, how does Hermanito save him?
(b) By conducting a blood transfusion.
(c) A heart replacement.
(d) Conjuring more powerful spirits to heal him.
2. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
(a) Johanna joining the Mind Control Program.
(b) With Johanna's trip to Europe.
(c) Johanna's wedding.
(d) With the author's first encounter of Pachita.
3. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
(a) It is actually shaky.
(b) Talking about it with friends.
(c) Through studying the Bible.
(d) Condemning others.
4. What is propaganda?
(a) Mean, evil pictures.
(b) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
(c) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
(d) Manic posters, and pop culture.
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(c) The evil that lurks within us all.
(d) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
2. Who convinces Johanna to travel to Europe?
3. What is the author's focus at the end of "Angry Shadows?"
4. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
5. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)