|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are these beings?
(a) Very small, ruddy looking creatures.
(b) Creations of Johanna's imagination.
(c) They do not actually exist.
(d) Large, overwhelming beings.
2. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(a) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
(c) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
(d) It is an art.
3. What is the importance of the title "New Foundation?"
(a) The roots of Johanna and Randolph's relationship are being established.
(b) It represents the new foundation of the Christian Church.
(c) Johanna has found a new foundation for her love of cats.
(d) Pachita's run-down home needs renovation.
4. Who is really in control of the minds working within the Mind Control group?
5. Who is Dr. Carlos?
(a) Powerful psychic and psychologist.
(c) Mind Control researcher.
(d) A respected doctor, priest, and supporter of Mind Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the virtually impossible surgeries that Hermanito completes?
2. What does the author think was the real cause of healings?
3. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
4. What is Johanna's ultimate purpose that will be revealed later in the novel?
5. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)