|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) It appeared spontaneously.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her Catholic school.
(d) Her parents.
2. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(d) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
3. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(c) The evil that lurks within us all.
(d) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
4. Chapters 2-9 mostly dealt with _______, setting a background for the story.
5. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
(a) Johanna was not yet available.
(b) Tom was not worthy of Hermanito.
(c) He appreciated Pachita's commitment to healing humanity.
(d) Pachita beckoned him from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Johanna become depressed?
2. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
3. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
4. What does the author fail to do as her stay begins to move away from being strictly narrative?
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)