|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) She does not love Beck.
(b) Beck is too involved in his studies.
(c) Beck cheats on her.
(d) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
2. What theater was the author performing in DC?
(a) The Met.
(b) Shakespeare Theater Company.
(c) Ford's Theatre.
(d) JFK Performing Arts Center.
3. What is propaganda?
(a) A mode of communication used to influence attitudes.
(b) Mean, evil pictures.
(c) Hurtful words used to bring negative feelings.
(d) Manic posters, and pop culture.
4. What is Tom's philosophy in teaching Mind Control?
(a) Participants can become aware of their potential to protect humanity.
(b) It is an art.
(c) Not everyone is gifted enough to practice.
5. Who is Hermanito?
(a) The spirit who takes control of Pachita's body.
(b) Pachita' s lover.
(c) One of the evil spirits working against Johanna.
(d) Tom's partner in Mind Control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
2. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
3. What flourished during the author's time at Wesleyan?
4. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
5. How did another well known author feel about Hermanito/ Pachtia?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)