|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Mind Control program advertise itself to the public?
(a) It offered relief from mental troubles and improved mental capacity.
(b) A new way of thinking about life.
(c) A religion.
(d) A way to join forces with God.
2. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
(a) The theater is a sanctuary.
(b) The theater is a comforting place.
(c) The theater is a kind of occult practice.
(d) The theater has great deals on movies.
3. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Light and airy.
(b) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(c) Fun and whimsical.
(d) Mysterious and confused.
4. Where does Johanna's father find the mind control program?
(a) On the internet.
(b) Through a church.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) An ad in a magazine.
5. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Who the author is and what is important to her.
(c) That something bad is lurking in the future.
(d) A major shift will happen in Johanna's life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
2. How did the nuns treat the author?
3. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
4. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
5. What does Damon get the author to do?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)