|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Damon get the author to do?
(a) Take hallucinogenic drugs.
(b) Create a play with him.
(c) Try marijuana.
(d) Sleep with him.
2. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
3. What reputation does she gain?
(a) She is promiscuous.
(b) She is very wise.
(c) People think she is strange.
(d) People believe she is a witch.
4. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(b) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
(c) She feels as though she is going insane.
(d) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
5. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(a) God's work.
(d) Pagan rituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
2. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
3. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
4. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
5. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)