|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
(a) She falls in a trap door.
(b) A male spirit haunts her.
(c) A person attacks her while working late at night.
(d) A female spirit haunts her.
2. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her love of theater.
(b) Her school work.
(c) The bishop's sons.
(d) Her sister.
3. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns are extremely strict.
(b) The nuns were very caring.
(c) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(d) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) Fleeing away from evil.
(b) The vileness of evil.
(c) A search for truth.
(d) The search for justice.
5. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) Pachita's relative.
(b) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
(c) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(d) An evil priestess.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
2. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
3. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
4. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
5. What theater was the author performing in DC?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)