|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
(b) Another name for God.
(c) A town in Mexico.
(d) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
2. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(b) Yes, but only with her sister.
(c) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(d) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
3. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her love of theater.
(b) Her sister.
(c) The bishop's sons.
(d) Her school work.
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her fascination with acting.
(c) Her close group of friends.
(d) Her family's support.
5. After her second encounter with Professor Koch, who does the author begin to see?
(a) Beck because he comforts her.
(b) The Little People.
(c) Professor Amelia.
(d) Damon because he comforts her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
2. What or who is Teresias?
3. Why does Johanna become depressed?
4. What is Cuauhtemoc?
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)