|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
(d) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
2. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The evil that lurks within us all.
(b) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
(c) The vitality of youth.
3. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
(a) Spending quality time.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Going on vacations.
(d) Buying a family dog.
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her fascination with acting.
(b) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(c) Her close group of friends.
(d) Her family's support.
5. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) A town in Mexico.
(b) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(c) Another name for God.
(d) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author introduce Damon to in the chapter, Damon?
2. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
3. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
4. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
5. What does Damon get the author to do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)