|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Discovering God.
(b) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
(c) Recovery from her attack.
(d) Her thesis project.
2. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) A large mansion.
(b) Spotless and clean.
(c) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(d) A small shack.
3. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns are extremely strict.
(b) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
(c) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(d) The nuns were very caring.
4. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Mysterious and confused.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Fun and whimsical.
5. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her family's support.
(c) Her close group of friends.
(d) Her fascination with acting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
2. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
3. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
4. Why does Johanna become depressed?
5. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)