|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who is Teresias?
(a) A statue.
(b) Johanna's one and only friend.
(c) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(d) A special doll from her childhood.
2. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
(b) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(c) She feels as though she is going insane.
(d) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
3. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(b) Her father.
(d) Dr. Carlos.
4. What leads her to accept Beck's marriage proposal?
(b) She feels lost without Beck.
(c) Beck's continued comfort.
(d) Her friends push her to accept it.
5. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) Yes, but only with her sister.
(b) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(c) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(d) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
2. Where does Damon take the author on this excursion?
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
4. How did the nuns treat the author?
5. What theater was the author performing in DC?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)