|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
2. What does she discover at Chapel Hill's theater?
(a) A friendly spirit named Professor Koch.
(b) A desire to write plays.
(c) A conspiracy theory.
(d) She is an amazing actress.
3. What or who is Teresias?
(a) A special doll from her childhood.
(b) Johanna's one and only friend.
(c) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(d) A statue.
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) The vileness of evil.
(b) Fleeing away from evil.
(c) A search for truth.
(d) The search for justice.
5. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Cousin Andy.
(b) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(c) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(d) Johanna's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theater was the author performing in DC?
2. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
4. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)