|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) Yes, but only her sister.
(b) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(c) Yes, but with reservations.
(d) No, she feels trapped by them.
2. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(d) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
3. What does Teresias represent?
(a) Evil and darkness.
(b) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
(d) A trusted companion.
4. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A statue of the devil.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A clock.
5. Where is Chapel Hill?
(a) At the University of North Carloina.
(b) A part of the Art Institute of Boston.
(c) In Canada.
(d) In California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theater was the author performing in DC?
2. What makes the young author's life difficult?
3. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
4. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
5. Who is Mephistopheles?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)