|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) An Aztec prince.
(b) Johanna's guardian.
(c) Tom's foreign cousin.
(d) A god that Pachita worships.
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Mysterious and confused.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Fun and whimsical.
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A review of Christian values.
(b) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(c) A preface.
(d) A summary of the entire novel.
4. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) Johanna's brother.
(b) A friend's father.
(c) A bishop's son.
(d) Johanna's boyfriend.
5. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She is confused by the crucifix.
(b) They stir up angry feelings.
(c) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
(d) She does not notice them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
2. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
3. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
4. What do Damon and Beck's names resemble?
5. Who is Mephistopheles?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)