|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(b) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(c) Cousin Andy.
(d) Johanna's mother.
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Mysterious and confused.
(b) Fun and whimsical.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
3. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She does not notice them.
(b) She is confused by the crucifix.
(c) They stir up angry feelings.
(d) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
4. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(a) Deceptive nature.
5. What does the first three quarters of the book concern itself with?
(a) Experiences of the occult.
(b) Meeting her husband.
(c) Her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
2. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
3. What is present on Pachita's alter?
4. What is the last part of the entire book about?
5. What does Dr. Carlos think of Tom and his Mind Control program?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)