|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(b) Lots of friends.
(c) A close family unit.
(d) The presence of religion.
2. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
(a) Narrative; mind controllers.
(b) Narrative; occult.
(c) Tale; illusionists.
(d) Story; soldiers.
3. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) A picture of her mother.
(b) St Joseph.
(c) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
4. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
(a) Separates her from young people her age.
(b) Makes her very popular.
(c) Creates an interesting personality.
(d) She finds her own group to hang out with.
5. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) A large mansion.
(b) Spotless and clean.
(c) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(d) A small shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
2. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
3. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
4. What reputation does she gain?
5. What is Cuauhtemoc?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)