|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) St Joseph.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(d) A picture of her mother.
2. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) A small shack.
(b) Spotless and clean.
(c) A large mansion.
(d) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
3. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
(a) Tale; illusionists.
(b) Story; soldiers.
(c) Narrative; occult.
(d) Narrative; mind controllers.
4. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
5. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(a) God's work.
(d) Pagan rituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mephistopheles?
2. What is the last part of the entire book about?
3. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
4. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
5. What reputation does she gain?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)