|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(b) The presence of religion.
(c) A close family unit.
2. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She is confused by the crucifix.
(b) They stir up angry feelings.
(c) She does not notice them.
(d) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
3. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(b) Deceptive nature.
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) Fleeing away from evil.
(b) A search for truth.
(c) The vileness of evil.
(d) The search for justice.
5. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(c) A farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
2. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
4. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
5. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)