|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) A picture of her mother.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) St Joseph.
(d) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
2. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(b) A small shack.
(c) A large mansion.
(d) Spotless and clean.
3. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(b) Pachita's relative.
(c) An evil priestess.
(d) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her family's support.
(b) Her fascination with acting.
(c) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(d) Her close group of friends.
5. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
(a) She finds her own group to hang out with.
(b) Separates her from young people her age.
(c) Makes her very popular.
(d) Creates an interesting personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the young author's life difficult?
2. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
3. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
5. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)