|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A review of Christian values.
(b) A summary of the entire novel.
(c) A preface.
(d) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
2. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(b) No, she feels trapped by them.
(c) Yes, but with reservations.
(d) Yes, but only her sister.
3. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(d) Deceptive nature.
4. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(b) The presence of religion.
(c) A close family unit.
(d) Lots of friends.
5. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) A mentor and teacher.
(b) The presence of God.
(c) Evil forces.
(d) A sinister satanic demon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
2. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
3. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
4. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
5. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)