|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
2. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) A search for truth.
(b) Fleeing away from evil.
(c) The search for justice.
(d) The vileness of evil.
3. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(b) Shuffling feet.
(c) Grating, grinding noises.
(d) Sinister laughing.
4. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) Another name for God.
(b) A town in Mexico.
(c) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(d) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
5. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns were very caring.
(b) The nuns are extremely strict.
(c) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(d) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
2. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
3. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
4. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)