|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(b) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
(c) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(d) Yes, but only with her sister.
2. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) A bishop's son.
(b) Johanna's brother.
(c) A friend's father.
(d) Johanna's boyfriend.
3. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) They stir up angry feelings.
(b) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
(c) She is confused by the crucifix.
(d) She does not notice them.
4. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
(a) Story; soldiers.
(b) Narrative; mind controllers.
(c) Narrative; occult.
(d) Tale; illusionists.
5. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her family's support.
(c) Her fascination with acting.
(d) Her close group of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
3. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
4. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)