|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She failed a test.
(b) She has just lost her boyfriend.
(c) She lost a bet.
(d) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
2. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(b) She wants to worship Pachita.
(c) Pachita's true work is evil.
(d) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
3. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(b) The nuns are extremely strict.
(c) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
(d) The nuns were very caring.
4. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
5. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(c) Pagan rituals.
(d) God's work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
2. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
3. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
4. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
5. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)