|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
(a) Evil forces.
(b) A sinister satanic demon.
(c) A mentor and teacher.
(d) The presence of God.
2. What type of school did the author attend?
(a) Johanna was home schooled.
(b) A public Mexican school.
(c) Catholic School.
(d) A Jewish Day School.
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her family's support.
(c) Her fascination with acting.
(d) Her close group of friends.
4. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(b) A large mansion.
(c) A small shack.
(d) Spotless and clean.
5. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(b) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
(c) Pachita's true work is evil.
(d) She wants to worship Pachita.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
2. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
3. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
4. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
5. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)