|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) The presence of religion.
(b) Lots of friends.
(d) A close family unit.
2. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
(a) She ignores the evil beings.
(b) There is no evil being.
(c) The evil being haunts Johanna at home but not when she is out with friends.
(d) Causes grotesque events to happen.
3. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
(b) God's grace.
(c) Pure evil.
4. How did the nuns treat the author?
(a) The nuns were very caring.
(b) The nuns are in different towards Johanna.
(c) The nuns shun Johanna because she is not Catholic.
(d) The nuns are extremely strict.
5. What or who is Teresias?
(a) Johanna's one and only friend.
(b) Johanna's first boyfriend.
(c) A statue.
(d) A special doll from her childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the young author's life difficult?
2. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
3. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
4. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
5. Who is Mephistopheles?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)