|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
(a) No, her parents were very cruel to their children.
(b) Yes she does but she feels as though something is missing.
(c) Yes, but only with her sister.
(d) No, she could not stand being around her sister.
2. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Fun and whimsical.
(d) Mysterious and confused.
3. What does Teresias represent?
(a) A trusted companion.
(b) Evil and darkness.
(c) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
4. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) A search for truth.
(b) The vileness of evil.
(c) The search for justice.
(d) Fleeing away from evil.
5. What is present on Pachita's alter?
(a) St Joseph.
(b) A picture of her mother.
(c) Cuauhtemoc, an Aztec warrior.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
2. What reputation does she gain?
3. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
4. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
5. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)