|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Religious leaders.
(d) Spiritual Guides.
2. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
(a) A safe haven from non believers.
(b) A new religion.
(c) A place of peace.
(d) A man to protect her.
3. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Fun and whimsical.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Mysterious and confused.
(d) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
4. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(b) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(c) Cousin Andy.
(d) Johanna's mother.
5. What reputation does she gain?
(a) She is very wise.
(b) She is promiscuous.
(c) People believe she is a witch.
(d) People think she is strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
2. What or who is Teresias?
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
4. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
5. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)