|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
(a) Tale; illusionists.
(b) Story; soldiers.
(c) Narrative; occult.
(d) Narrative; mind controllers.
2. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
(a) She finds her own group to hang out with.
(b) Creates an interesting personality.
(c) Separates her from young people her age.
(d) Makes her very popular.
3. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(b) Another name for God.
(c) A town in Mexico.
(d) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
4. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(b) The evil that lurks within us all.
(d) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
5. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
(a) The search for justice.
(b) A search for truth.
(c) Fleeing away from evil.
(d) The vileness of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
2. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
3. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
4. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
5. Does the author seem to love her family?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)