|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
(a) Pagan rituals.
(c) God's work.
2. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(a) A farm.
3. What reputation does she gain?
(a) People believe she is a witch.
(b) She is very wise.
(c) People think she is strange.
(d) She is promiscuous.
4. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(b) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(c) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
(d) Exposing her to adult behavior.
5. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
(a) A bishop's son.
(b) Johanna's brother.
(c) Johanna's boyfriend.
(d) A friend's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is present on Pachita's alter?
2. What type of school did the author attend?
3. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
4. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
5. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)