|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
(a) A man to protect her.
(b) A place of peace.
(c) A safe haven from non believers.
(d) A new religion.
2. Because Johanna and Tom are late to the meeting, what does she miss?
(a) The operations scheduled for tonight.
(b) An important meeting.
(c) The assignment of a mentor.
(d) The chance to meet her husband.
3. How is Pachita's home described by Johanna?
(a) A large mansion.
(b) Spotless and clean.
(c) Dirty, messy, and decorated in dead roses.
(d) A small shack.
4. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Fun and whimsical.
(d) Mysterious and confused.
5. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
(a) Separates her from young people her age.
(b) Makes her very popular.
(c) She finds her own group to hang out with.
(d) Creates an interesting personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
2. What is present on Pachita's alter?
3. This _____ is the story of experiences with the ____.
4. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
5. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)