|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
(a) A man to protect her.
(b) A place of peace.
(c) A safe haven from non believers.
(d) A new religion.
2. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(b) Yes, but with reservations.
(c) Yes, but only her sister.
(d) No, she feels trapped by them.
3. What is Cuauhtemoc?
(a) Tom's foreign cousin.
(b) A god that Pachita worships.
(c) An Aztec prince.
(d) Johanna's guardian.
4. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A statue of the devil.
(b) A crucifix.
(c) A clock.
(d) A Bible.
5. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
(c) Deceptive nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
2. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
3. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
4. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
5. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)