|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
(a) Lots of friends.
(c) A close family unit.
(d) The presence of religion.
2. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She is confused by the crucifix.
(b) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
(c) She does not notice them.
(d) They stir up angry feelings.
3. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(b) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
(d) The evil that lurks within us all.
4. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
(a) Separates her from young people her age.
(b) She finds her own group to hang out with.
(c) Makes her very popular.
(d) Creates an interesting personality.
5. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
(b) God's grace.
(c) Pure evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
2. Does the author seem to love her family?
3. What reputation does she gain?
4. Who dies of occult like circumstances in "The Intruder?"
5. What type of school did the author attend?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)