|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her love of theater.
(b) The bishop's sons.
(c) Her school work.
(d) Her sister.
2. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
(c) A farm.
3. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(b) Pachita's true work is evil.
(c) She wants to worship Pachita.
(d) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
4. Where does her faith and roots of Christianity come from?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her husband.
(c) It appeared spontaneously.
(d) Her Catholic school.
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
(a) The vitality of youth.
(b) Faith is a forgotten feeling.
(d) The evil that lurks within us all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cuauhtemoc?
2. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
4. What does Dr. Carlos think of Tom and his Mind Control program?
5. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)