|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation does she gain?
(a) She is promiscuous.
(b) People believe she is a witch.
(c) People think she is strange.
(d) She is very wise.
2. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(b) Grating, grinding noises.
(c) Sinister laughing.
(d) Shuffling feet.
3. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
4. How did the evil being that lives in Johanna's house effect Johanna's life?
(a) Causes grotesque events to happen.
(b) She ignores the evil beings.
(c) The evil being haunts Johanna at home but not when she is out with friends.
(d) There is no evil being.
5. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) The bishop's sons.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her love of theater.
(d) Her school work.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
2. What is present on Pachita's alter?
3. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
4. What type of school did the author attend?
5. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)