|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author eventually think of Pachita's "true work?"
(a) She wishes to heal as Pachita does.
(b) She wants to worship Pachita.
(c) She wishes to be apart of Pachita's work.
(d) Pachita's true work is evil.
2. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her family's support.
(b) Her fascination with acting.
(c) Her close group of friends.
(d) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
3. Who are Johanna and Tom confronted by as they pull up to the house they are to visit?
(b) Her father.
(c) Dr. Carlos.
4. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
(b) She has just lost her boyfriend.
(c) She lost a bet.
(d) She failed a test.
5. What does the author's interest in the occult do to her social life?
(a) Separates her from young people her age.
(b) Makes her very popular.
(c) She finds her own group to hang out with.
(d) Creates an interesting personality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
2. As the author looks at Pachita, what does she feel she is really seeing?
3. Does the author seem to love her family?
4. What is the only true source of inspiration for true faith?
5. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)