|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2, 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "The Intruder," what does the author hear to alert her of the being that follows her?
(b) Shuffling feet.
(c) Grating, grinding noises.
(d) Sinister laughing.
2. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
(a) An evil priestess.
(b) A woman famous for her spiritual powers.
(c) Simply Johanna's aunt.
(d) Pachita's relative.
3. What does Teresias represent?
(a) Evil and darkness.
(b) A trusted companion.
(c) Goodness and light in Johanna's life.
4. What does Pachita keep on her alter?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A clock.
(c) A crucifix.
(d) A statue of the devil.
5. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Light and airy.
(c) Mysterious and confused.
(d) Fun and whimsical.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what is the true quality of the occult practice?
2. What does Dr. Carlos think of Tom and his Mind Control program?
3. What makes the young author's life difficult?
4. What is truly at the core of Pachita's work?
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)