Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the atmosphere of the beginning of the book?
(a) Stormy, dark and oppressive.
(b) Mysterious and confused.
(c) Light and airy.
(d) Fun and whimsical.
2. Where is Wesleyan located?
(c) New York City.
3. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
(a) A review of Christian values.
(b) Introduction to the rest of the author's story.
(c) A preface.
(d) A summary of the entire novel.
4. Does the author seem to love her family?
(a) Yes, but only her sister.
(b) She loves her parents but does not get along with her sister.
(c) Yes, but with reservations.
(d) No, she feels trapped by them.
5. What does Beck help the author through?
(a) Her thesis project.
(b) Recovery from her attack.
(c) Discovering God.
(d) Horrifying experiences with evil spirits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
2. What type of neighborhood does Johanna live in as a child?
3. Where does the author usually encounter fretful spirits?
4. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
5. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)