|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story pick back up in Chapter 10?
(a) Johanna joining the Mind Control Program.
(b) With the author's first encounter of Pachita.
(c) Johanna's wedding.
(d) With Johanna's trip to Europe.
2. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
(a) She failed a test.
(b) She has just lost her boyfriend.
(c) She is late for a meeting with Pachita.
(d) She lost a bet.
3. What do her encounters with spirits mean for the author?
(a) Evil spirits looking to ruin her life.
(b) She feels as though she is going insane.
(c) Her dead aunt's way of staying in touch.
(d) Manifestations of her connection with the spirit world.
4. What does Dr. Carlos think of Tom and his Mind Control program?
(a) Dr. Carlos is delusional.
(b) Tom is attempting to steal Pachita's power.
(c) The doctor thinks they are not being respectful of Pachita.
(d) He greatly respects the whole program.
5. What does the reader have a clear understanding of at the end of Chapter 9?
(b) Who the author is and what is important to her.
(c) A major shift will happen in Johanna's life.
(d) That something bad is lurking in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. After one operation, what could the author see in Hermanito?
2. While the rest of the book will be dark, what does the author give the reader a glimpse of at the end of the chapter?
3. Who is Great Aunt Dixie?
4. What other of Johanna's powers have improved?
5. What is missing about the author's upbringing?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)