|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johanna feel very connected to during her childhood?
(a) Her school work.
(b) Her love of theater.
(c) Her sister.
(d) The bishop's sons.
2. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(b) Her fascination with acting.
(c) Her close group of friends.
(d) Her family's support.
3. What does Hermanito hate about Pachita?
(a) Her garnish nail polish.
(b) Her glasses.
(c) Her moles.
(d) Her ugly hair.
4. Eventually, what is Johanna suggesting of the theater?
(a) The theater has great deals on movies.
(b) The theater is a kind of occult practice.
(c) The theater is a sanctuary.
(d) The theater is a comforting place.
5. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
(a) She gets an internship with a friend of the family.
(b) Returns to Mexico.
(c) She realizes that the theater is not safe for her.
(d) Travels abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author what does Pachita attempt to disguise her work as?
2. Does the author have many happy memories of being with her family as a child?
3. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
4. What does Damon get the author to do?
5. Does the author seem to love her family?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)