|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, what did Mind Control mean to Johanna?
(a) A way to control one's own mind.
(b) A way to control her family.
(c) A way to make Damon love her again.
2. What are the names of Johanna's two new male friends?
(a) Stanley and Tom.
(b) Tom and Carlos.
(c) Eric and Jason.
(d) Damon and Beck.
3. What is the metaphorical meaning of her pet snake?
(a) Snakes have long been aligned with God.
(b) It makes Johanna powerful.
(c) Nothing. Johanna enjoys her pet snake.
(d) The snake is evil. It is the embodiment of Satan.
4. Why does Johanna become depressed?
(a) Her sister has run away from home.
(b) Darker spirits are very attracted to her and will not leave her be.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Damon does not return her feelings.
5. What does Johanna envision her mind laboratory to be like?
(a) A luxurious room full of crystal.
(b) Her childhood bedroom.
(c) The theater at Chapel Hill.
(d) An indoor park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author believe she has found after so many years of darkness?
2. On a narrative level, what does chapter one serve as for the rest of the book?
3. What does the author insist is important in leading a long and good life?
4. At the beginning of "The Encounter," why is the author frustrated?
5. What is the author's search for Pachita representative of?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)