|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10, 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author believe her parents are responsible for?
(a) Verbal abuse toward her and her sister.
(b) Exposing her to adult behavior.
(c) Darkness that is present during her early years.
(d) Allowing bad influences of other people to be present.
2. What are these beings?
(a) They do not actually exist.
(b) Large, overwhelming beings.
(c) Very small, ruddy looking creatures.
(d) Creations of Johanna's imagination.
3. What happens in Washington D.C.?
(a) She gets injured while acting.
(b) A professor tries to take advantage of her.
(c) A spirit violently attacked her.
(d) Johanna fights with Damon.
4. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
(a) Her fascination with acting.
(b) Her close group of friends.
(c) The feeling of comfort from the crucifix.
(d) Her family's support.
5. In "The Encounter," what literary device is used many times?
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightening encounter does she have at the theater at Wesleyan?
2. Brainwashing is ________.
3. What does she feel her parents do not support her in?
4. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
5. Why has Hermanito chosen Pachita?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)