|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
(a) She is confused by the crucifix.
(b) She does not notice them.
(c) They provide calmness in her chaotic life.
(d) They stir up angry feelings.
2. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
3. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
(a) She does not think it is Jesus.
(b) It is an evil spirit.
(c) It is the true face of Satan impersonating Jesus.
(d) The face is a projection of fear.
4. What reputation does she gain?
(a) People believe she is a witch.
(b) People think she is strange.
(c) She is promiscuous.
(d) She is very wise.
5. Brainwashing is ________.
(a) A spiritual meditation.
(b) A coercive technique used to change beliefs.
(c) Changing your mind of your own free will.
(d) Flushing your brain with fluids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the antagonist for the book?
2. What does Shelia insist that Johanna read?
3. How does Johanna's faith grow deeper?
4. What stories concerning her family is Johanna missing?
5. What important part of the plot happens during this section of the book?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)