|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Johanna end her relationship with Beck?
(a) Beck cheats on her.
(b) She does not love Beck.
(c) Johanna's father intensely dislikes Beck.
(d) Beck is too involved in his studies.
2. Who is Mephistopheles?
(a) Another name for God.
(b) A town in Mexico.
(c) An evil force present in Johanna's life.
(d) A statue given to the author by her Mother.
3. Who did Great Aunt Dixie feel would inherit her gift?
(a) Johanna's sister, Kim.
(b) A family member from Johanna's generation.
(c) Cousin Andy.
(d) Johanna's mother.
4. What happens to Johanna at the end of college?
(a) She gets an internship with a friend of the family.
(b) Travels abroad.
(c) She realizes that the theater is not safe for her.
(d) Returns to Mexico.
5. What was present in the author's family situation before she was born?
(a) Unrest in her parents relationship.
(b) The grace of God.
(c) Satanic influences.
(d) Discord from the community.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the author feel she really commits herself to Jesus?
2. What effects do crucifixes and crosses have on the author?
3. What gets the author through her childhood and adulthood?
4. In "Mind Control," the author sees Jesus with a monstrous face. What does the author realize about this face?
5. Where does Kim suggest Johanna go visit while on her journey through Europe?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)