* As the book begins, the author and a man named Tom are late for a meeting with Pachita and Hermanito.
* Dr Carols is angry with the pair because he thinks that they are interrupting Pachita.
* The author visits Pachita's home, which she finds extremely dirty.
* Pachita's dirty home, sets up her eventual connection with the wrong, unclean, satanic work she performs.
* The beginning of the book serves as an introduction to the author's later agenda for the book.
* The tone of the book is very dark and has an oppressive atmosphere.
Chapters 2, 3 and 4
* Johanna's Great Aunt Dixie was a famous American physic with great spiritual powers. Her aunt predicted that one day her powers would be passed on to someone in her family.
* Aunt Dixie died alone and in poverty.
* Johanna grew up in the suburbs of Mexico.
* Although she went to a Catholic school, her childhood...
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)