|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator sets Lou up with ____________________.
2. What has happened to Paul, the art student?
3. What does Sean call a group of men he accidentally encountered having sex in a public bathroom?
4. What is another reason that the narrator is having a better time being homosexual?
5. Where does the narrator spend a lot of time after Sean leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the author's using the present tense for scene in which the narrator engages in group sex in the subway restroom?
2. How does shame get pushed aside in the events leading up to, and after, the Stonewall Inn raids?
3. What do the narrator's parents--and society in general--consider to be a "normal" lifestyle for their son?
4. What is significant about the energy created among the men after the group sexual encounter in the subway restroom
5. What does the narrator experience for the first time after a sexual encounter in a subway restroom that he has never experienced before?
6. What does the narrator consider for his life after Paul commits suicide in order to leave a world that rejects people like him?
7. What changes the narrator's mind about having a sex change operation?
8. How do the narrator's views of himself change according to whose perspective he is viewed in?
9. Why does Sean's comment about a group of men having sex in a public restroom as being "subhuman" have a particular sting for the narrator?
10. Who is Lou and how does the narrator meet him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one theme in the book. Identify at least two themes in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the narrator's name not being identified? Why does the author leave the narrator nameless with the exception of Lou who calls the narrator "Bunny"? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
White is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, and then briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
This section contains 1,139 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)