|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is missing from the encounters the narrator has with other men?
2. What is the nature of the narrator's time with the psychiatrist?
(a) To talk about the father issues the narrator has.
(b) To manage the narrator's fear of heights.
(c) For the narrator to become heterosexual.
(d) For the narrator to get over his broken heart.
3. How can Ivan best be described?
4. What is a powerful negative force in the narrator's life?
(c) Doing drugs.
5. How can Kay best be described?
(a) A free spirit.
(b) A lost cause.
(c) A tortured soul.
(d) A rebel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had introduced the narrator to Hunton?
2. A conversation between the narrator and Tex shows the narrator's lack of knowledge about ___________________.
3. What does the narrator wonder as he observes Tex and Morris?
4. What foreign language does the narrator study?
5. How can Paul best be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role do emotions play in the narrator's sexual relations with other men and the sexual relations of homosexual men in general?
2. What does Maria reveal to the narrator when he visits during Christmas vacation in Chapter 4?
3. How does the narrator's subway ride further alienate him from what he thinks is normal life?
4. How does the longing for approval manifest in the narrator's life?
5. How do Maria and the narrator feel about each other by the end of Chapter 4, and how do they act on those feelings?
6. Why did the narrator decide to study Chinese?
7. How does the narrator categorize his life during his first year at college?
8. Who are Betty and Kay and why does the narrator enjoy their company?
9. What does the narrator learn about Hunton from an older man with the same name?
10. What does the narrator think about when he watches Tex and Morris interact?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)