|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is important about the protagonist of the story?
(a) He is a philanthropist.
(b) He is crippled.
(c) He is an artist.
(d) He is gay.
2. The relationship between Tex and Morris is sometimes _________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT part of fraternity life?
(a) Serious studying.
(b) Girl chasing.
(c) Indulgent laziness.
(d) Heavy drinking.
4. What does Tex complain to the narrator about in Chapter 2?
(a) His financial situation.
(b) His marital status.
(c) The weather.
5. The narrator's father's knowledge of the narrator's sexuality created ____________________.
(a) a bond of hatred and anger between the two.
(b) a curiosity to be quenched.
(c) a validation of his life.
(d) a bond of love and acceptance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator study the language in #56?
2. How can Morris best be described?
3. What does Annie do while visiting the narrator's parents' home?
4. The person in #73 also admits to ____________________.
5. Where does the narrator spend much of his time while on this vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what written piece is the name of the book taken, and what does it mean?
2. What does the narrator think about when he watches Tex and Morris interact?
3. What does the narrator want from his life and when does he become aware of these needs?
4. Describe the narrator's first year experiences at college.
5. What does the narrator learn about Hunton from an older man with the same name?
6. What is Tex's theory about a man acting on his sexual desires for other men and how does that make the narrator feel about Tex?
7. Who are Betty and Kay and why does the narrator enjoy their company?
8. How did the struggle for acceptance and freedom for lesbians differ from that of gay men?
9. What role does Dr. O'Reilly serve in the narrator's life?
10. What is the significance of Betty and Kay to the narrator's life?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)