|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator comments on Maria's growing __________________.
(b) waist line.
(c) bank account.
2. What does the narrator do in his free time?
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Plays racquetball.
(d) Cruises for sex.
3. Where do the narrator and the person in #124 live?
(a) A brownstone.
(b) A hotel.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) A hostel.
4. Where has Maria been living during her time away from the narrator?
(a) Los Angeles.
5. What makes Maria threaten to end her friendship with the narrator?
(a) If he won't break up with Sean.
(b) If he won't find a better job.
(c) If he doesn't stop drinking.
(d) If he doesn't stop analyzing everyone.
6. The narrator realizes that Lou is addicted to ________________.
7. The narrator says that there was something genetic or psychological in his and his sister's makeup that __________________.
(a) made them gay.
(b) made them schizophrenic.
(c) made them angry.
(d) made them bipolar.
8. The narrator evades being drafted into the army by ______________________.
(a) confessing that he is a conscientious objector.
(b) claiming that he has AIDS.
(c) confessing to his homosexuality.
(d) claiming to have flat feet.
9. What shocking news does the narrator's sister tell him during her visit?
(a) Their parents are reuniting.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) He has been cut out of his father's will.
(d) She is a lesbian.
10. Lou and Maria both know that the narrator ___________________ Sean.
(a) has tired of.
(b) is bored by.
(c) has fallen in love with.
11. What happens to make the narrator forget all about his fantasy in #136?
(a) He knows he would be convicted.
(b) He knows it would sadden his mother.
(c) He learns about the high cost of living.
(d) He reads a disturbing journal of a man who had done it.
12. What had the narrator intended to study in the graduate program?
13. Who is Sean?
(a) The narrator's co-worker.
(b) The narrator's new lover.
(c) The narrator's neighbor.
(d) The narrator's boss.
14. To what city does Maria move?
(c) New York City.
15. The narrator's sister who lives in ______________ visits him in New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lou feel about his fiancee's parents?
2. What does the narrator come to realize by living in this new city?
3. What does Sean call a group of men he accidentally encountered having sex in a public bathroom?
4. What habit does the narrator have that makes Maria angry?
5. What is the narrator's last ditch attempt at appearing "normal"?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)