|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking news does the narrator's sister tell him during her visit?
(a) Their parents are reuniting.
(b) She is an alcoholic.
(c) He has been cut out of his father's will.
(d) She is a lesbian.
2. The raid on the club in #177 marked the beginning of ______________________.
(a) the civil rights movement.
(b) the women's lib movement.
(c) anti-war protests.
(d) the gay rights movement.
3. How does the narrator behave during the event in #163?
(b) Very talkative.
4. The narrator comments on Maria's growing __________________.
(a) bank account.
(c) waist line.
5. Where does the person in #124 find a job?
(a) Ad agency.
(c) Publishing company.
(d) Stock brokerage.
6. Who is Sean?
(a) The narrator's neighbor.
(b) The narrator's boss.
(c) The narrator's new lover.
(d) The narrator's co-worker.
7. Instead of going to grad school, where does the narrator go?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York City.
8. Which of the following does NOT describe the narrator's sexual identity?
(a) It is less of a dark secret.
(b) It is agonizing.
(c) It is less shame-defined.
(d) It is less of a burden.
9. What has happened to Paul, the art student?
(a) He got married.
(b) He has committed suicide.
(c) He got a grant.
(d) He has a gallery showing.
10. The narrator has to take Lou to a backroom physician to treat _______________________.
(a) a knife wound.
(b) an intestinal blockage.
11. Why does Maria move to the city in #134?
(a) Her lesbian relationship has ended.
(b) She is going to grad school there.
(c) She got a new job.
(d) She wanted to experience the East Coast lifestyle.
12. Who is Lou?
(a) A wealthy advertising executive.
(b) The building's superintendent.
(c) An ice cream vendor.
(d) A chauffeur.
13. What habit does the narrator have that makes Maria angry?
(a) Chews with his mouth open.
(b) Talks in the movie theater.
(c) Psychoanalyzes his friends.
(d) Doesn't repay loans.
14. What is the name of the gay club which is raided by police?
(a) Majestic Theatre.
(b) Stonewall Inn.
(c) The Algonquin.
(d) Atlas Inn.
15. What is another reason that the narrator is having a better time being homosexual?
(a) He has a newfound confidence in his career.
(b) He has a new therapist who is helping him.
(c) His deepening relationship with Sean.
(d) He doesn't have to cruise for sex anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that there was something genetic or psychological in his and his sister's makeup that __________________.
2. The narrator has harbored fantasies about ________________________.
3. What kind of job does the narrator get in Chapter 5?
4. Lou is jealous of ______________.
5. Sean contacts the narrator to tell him that he had to leave their relationship because the narrator was ______________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)