|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The person in #73 also admits to ____________________.
(b) cheating on exams.
(c) smoking pot.
(d) being bisexual.
2. How can Ivan best be described?
3. In Chapter 2, the narrator is in his last year of ___________________.
(b) junior high.
(c) boarding school.
(d) grad school.
4. How can the narrator's father best be described?
5. With whom is the narrator visiting at the beginning of Chapter 4?
6. The psychiatrist convinces the narrator that much of the narrator's life is defined by ______________________.
(a) his childhood abuse.
(b) his insecurities.
(c) his religious beliefs.
(d) his feelings about sex.
7. The narrator feels like a/an ________________ to his life and family.
8. Where does the narrator meet Maria during the Summer after they got to know each other?
(a) The movies.
(b) The theme park.
(c) The beach.
(d) Summer art camp.
9. What is notable about Betts and Buddy?
(a) They are sculptors.
(b) They are professors.
(c) They are authors.
(d) They are lesbians.
10. What did the man in #91 do for Hunton?
(a) Paid for his education.
(b) Gave him a job.
(c) Paid for a European vacation.
(d) Adopted him.
11. How can Morris best be described?
12. What is missing from the encounters the narrator has with other men?
13. Why does the narrator study the language in #56?
(a) He thinks it is good to have fundamental knowledge of it.
(b) He thinks it sounds so intriguing.
(c) He believed himself to be a Buddhist.
(d) He wants to spend the Summer in Provence.
14. Which of the following does NOT describe Hunton?
15. What foreign language does the narrator study?
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist of the story wants a career as a/an __________________.
2. The narrator's stepmother could best be described as ____________________.
3. A conversation between the narrator and Tex shows the narrator's lack of knowledge about ___________________.
4. Who is the patient who the psychiatrist introduces to the narrator?
5. What does Tex complain to the narrator about in Chapter 2?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)