|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which religion does the narrator believe in?
2. Who is another person the narrator seeks out for sexual relations?
3. In Chapter 2, the narrator is in his last year of ___________________.
(a) boarding school.
(c) junior high.
(d) grad school.
4. When the narrator tells his mother he is going to a dance, he is actually going ____________________.
(a) to the horse races.
(b) to a bar.
(c) to see Tex.
(d) to the movies.
5. What is notable about Tex?
(a) He is a masculine gay man.
(b) He sings opera.
(c) He is suffering from a broken heart.
(d) He is a philanthropist.
6. The relationship between Tex and Morris is sometimes _________________.
7. About whom does the narrator fantasize about sexually involved?
8. Hunton stole the ______________ and several possessions from the man in #91.
(c) Record collection.
9. The protagonist of the story wants a career as a/an __________________.
10. How can Paul best be described?
11. At what kind of party does the narrator meet the man in #91?
(a) A Christmas party.
(b) A bachelor party.
(c) A wedding reception.
(d) A retirement party.
12. Where does the narrator spend much of his time while on this vacation?
(a) The beach.
(b) The mall.
(c) The library.
(d) A bookstore.
13. In what part of the country did the narrator grow up?
(b) West coast.
14. What does the narrator desperately seek in his life?
15. How does the narrator feel after the sexual encounter in #47?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of career does the narrator hope to establish?
2. The history of emerging lesbian rights and identity is closely related to ____________________.
3. Which of the following is NOT a topic the narrator discusses with Maria?
4. What does the person in #38 exploit Tex for?
5. In what year is the narrator at the school in #49?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)