|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foreign language does the narrator study?
2. The narrator mentions __________________ vacation in Chapter 2.
3. Why does the narrator join his father's fraternity at college?
(a) Just to please his father.
(b) To have social connections.
(c) To make lifelong friendships.
(d) To date girls.
4. Which of the following is NOT a topic the narrator discusses with Maria?
5. The narrator comments that he is not particularly interested in _______________________.
(a) studying abroad.
(b) finding a job.
(c) being sexually serviced.
(d) going back to school.
6. What does the narrator desperately seek in his life?
7. The relationship between Tex and Morris is sometimes _________________.
8. Who is the psychiatrist treating the narrator?
(a) Dr. Kerrigan.
(b) Dr. O'Reilly.
(c) Dr. Morrison.
(d) Dr. Gruber.
9. Who is Morris?
(a) Tex's assistant.
(b) The narrator's father.
(c) A newspaper editor.
(d) An attorney.
10. What is notable about Morris?
(a) He is extremely tall.
(b) He is a published author.
(c) He is effeminate.
(d) He is deaf and dumb.
11. Tex believes that once a man ______________________________, he becomes uninteresting to other homosexuals.
(a) has been married.
(b) becomes old.
(c) has sex with a woman.
(d) begins acting on his sexual desires for other men.
12. Who is Tex's friend who visits from New York City?
13. The narrator pursues sexual relations with whom?
14. In what year is the narrator at the school in #49?
15. The psychiatrist convinces the narrator that much of the narrator's life is defined by ______________________.
(a) his insecurities.
(b) his feelings about sex.
(c) his religious beliefs.
(d) his childhood abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is notable about Tex?
2. When the narrator takes a walk at night with Maria, he realizes that __________________.
3. The history of emerging lesbian rights and identity is closely related to ____________________.
4. What does Annie do while visiting the narrator's parents' home?
5. What does the narrator enjoy about being with Maria at the location in #18?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)