|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protagonist of the story wants a career as a/an __________________.
2. The narrator's father's knowledge of the narrator's sexuality created ____________________.
(a) a bond of hatred and anger between the two.
(b) a curiosity to be quenched.
(c) a validation of his life.
(d) a bond of love and acceptance.
3. Who does the psychiatrist in #63 think is the only one who can cure the narrator?
(a) The narrator.
(b) His father.
(c) His minister.
(d) Dr. O'Reilly.
4. What is the narrator's current obsession?
(a) Anonymous, promiscuous sex.
(b) Video games.
5. The narrator's feelings about his father lead the narrator to make judgmental comments about __________________.
(a) his soccer coach.
(b) his mother.
(c) his father.
(d) an effeminate English teacher.
6. What does Annie do while visiting the narrator's parents' home?
(a) Spills a bottle of Scotch.
(b) Backs the car over the cat.
(c) Sets the drapes on fire.
(d) Vomits in the kitchen sink.
7. The narrator and the person in #73 tell each other that they are __________________.
8. Where does the narrator spend much of his time while on this vacation?
(a) The library.
(b) The beach.
(c) A bookstore.
(d) The mall.
9. Who is another person the narrator seeks out for sexual relations?
10. The narrator feels like a/an ________________ to his life and family.
11. Which prep school does the narrator attend?
12. A conversation between the narrator and Tex shows the narrator's lack of knowledge about ___________________.
(a) American literature.
(c) car mechanics.
(d) sexual relations between men.
13. Which religion does the narrator believe in?
14. The girl in #67 suffers from ____________________.
(a) an abusive father.
(b) bipolar disease.
15. In what year is the narrator at the school in #49?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kay introduces the narrator to a Chinese woman described as a _________________.
2. What does Tex complain to the narrator about in Chapter 2?
3. With whom is the narrator visiting at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Tex refers to himself as the narrator's __________________.
5. Tex hints to the narrator that the man in #45 might be able to teach the narrator about what?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)