|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator's father's knowledge of the narrator's sexuality created ____________________.
(a) a validation of his life.
(b) a curiosity to be quenched.
(c) a bond of hatred and anger between the two.
(d) a bond of love and acceptance.
2. Which of the following is NOT part of the experiences of lesbian women?
(b) Longing for normalcy.
3. What is notable about Betts and Buddy?
(a) They are authors.
(b) They are lesbians.
(c) They are professors.
(d) They are sculptors.
4. How can Paul best be described?
5. The story begins with quotes from novelists Anatole France and _________________.
(a) Franz Kafka.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) William Faulkner.
(d) Charles Dickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maria?
2. What college does the narrator attend in Chapter 3?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe the art students?
4. The narrator's fraternity brothers can best be described as __________________.
5. The narrator feels like a/an ________________ to his life and family.
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)