|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8 and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Maria move?
(c) New York City.
2. The story begins with quotes from novelists Anatole France and _________________.
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Ernest Hemingway.
(c) Franz Kafka.
(d) William Faulkner.
3. What foreign language does the narrator study?
4. Why does Lou tell the narrator that Lou wants to get married?
(a) To get promoted at work.
(b) To be accepted by his family.
(c) To cure himself of homosexuality.
(d) To see what "normal" feels like.
5. Why does the narrator study the language in #56?
(a) He thinks it sounds so intriguing.
(b) He thinks it is good to have fundamental knowledge of it.
(c) He believed himself to be a Buddhist.
(d) He wants to spend the Summer in Provence.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what part of the country did the narrator grow up?
2. Who treats Annie in the hospital emergency room?
3. Which place did the narrator often visit across the street from the prep school?
4. What is important about the protagonist of the story?
5. How does Lou feel about his fiancee's parents?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)