|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Kay best be described?
(a) A tortured soul.
(b) A free spirit.
(c) A lost cause.
(d) A rebel.
2. When the narrator takes a walk at night with Maria, he realizes that __________________.
(a) he is not alone.
(b) he loves her.
(c) he has many fears.
(d) he is ill.
3. What foreign language does the narrator study?
4. What does the narrator wonder as he observes Tex and Morris?
(a) whether he will find someone to love.
(b) when they became a couple.
(c) If he will be the sort of homosexual they are.
(d) how hard it must be to live as gay men in society.
5. How can Ivan best be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator join his father's fraternity at college?
2. When the narrator spends an evening out with Morris and some other friends he realizes that _____________________ attracts negative attention from others.
3. Kay introduces the narrator to a Chinese woman described as a _________________.
4. The narrator's feelings about his father lead the narrator to make judgmental comments about __________________.
5. Why does the narrator study the language in #56?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)