|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird is the Crossbill?
2. Which plant has dominated Daphne Major since the flood?
3. How many species of finch are there in Hawaii?
4. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
5. On what drenched island near the equator do finches live, as mentioned in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the personality and work of Rosemary Grant, and compare and contrast her with another person in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the significance of human consciousness in current evolutionary studies.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Weiner's use of conceit (extended metaphor) and its significance in the book.
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)