|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
2. How many mating songs does each species of finch have?
3. As mentioned in Chapter 16, Darwin states that which bird landed on his water pitcher?
4. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
5. Chapter 17 showcases the evolution of which mammal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the Drosophila experiment and its significance.
2. Describe the two shorelines that Weiner discusses in Chapter 11.
3. What did Lewontin and Birch discover about the Dacus tryoni?
4. What effect do the finches have on cactus flowers?
5. Explain how ocean currents affect the Galapagos Islands.
6. What significance did Hermon Carey Bumpus discover in the sparrows' deaths? What significance did Peter Grant see?
7. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
8. Why do plants hybridize rather readily?
9. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
10. Describe what Martin Taylor does with the moth samples he receives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the personality and work of Rosemary Grant, and compare and contrast her with another person in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of the importance of tiny measurements, including examples from the text in your explication.
Essay Topic 3
Defend or confront the presence of anthropomorphism in the book. Is it appropriate in a scientific work? Why or why not?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)