|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has catalogued Darwin's spelling mistakes?
2. As witnessed by Hermon Carey Bumpus, which birds died en masse after a blizzard?
3. Who wrote the article on global warming that is discussed in Chapter 18?
4. For what university did the drosophilists discussed in Chapter 12 work?
5. What animal does the Hawaiian Drosophila Project study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
2. Explain how ocean currents affect the Galapagos Islands.
3. What significance did Hermon Carey Bumpus discover in the sparrows' deaths? What significance did Peter Grant see?
4. Explain how bacteria build up resistance to antibiotics.
5. What effect do the finches have on cactus flowers?
6. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
7. Describe the two shorelines that Weiner discusses in Chapter 11.
8. Describe how Biston betularia changed color and why it is changing back.
9. What did Lewontin and Birch discover about the Dacus tryoni?
10. Describe what Martin Taylor does with the moth samples he receives.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of Darwin's Sandwalk as a symbol in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Describe two settings that you find within the book, and compare and contrast them.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast two episodes of anthropomorphism in the book.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)