|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
2. What does an old woman in Puerto Ayora eat to avenge herself against the finches?
3. Which animal did Lewontin and Birch study?
4. What is the name of the mutant gene that helps flies resist DDT?
5. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Grants' tools on Daphne Major and at Princeton.
Essay Topic 2
Answer the question, "Why are there so many kinds of animals?" Cite specific details and concepts that are found in the text.
Essay Topic 3
Explicate and defend Weiner's use of epigraphs in the book.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)