Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
2. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
3. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
4. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
5. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of journey as it is presented throughout the book, culminating with its appearance in the epilogue.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of the importance of tiny measurements, including examples from the text in your explication.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Weiner's use of conceit (extended metaphor) and its significance in the book.
This section contains 146 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)