|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is studying the Sticklebacks?
2. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
3. What is the name of the Charles Darwin Research Station's journal?
4. Which Greek philosopher is quoted at the end of Chapter 13?
5. Weiner states in Chapter 14 that the finches are like which work of art?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize Gayle Davies' experience with the finches.
2. What effect do the finches have on cactus flowers?
3. Explain the humor that the Grants find in the painting Science Is Measurement.
4. Describe the place in which the Grants keep finch blood samples.
5. Describe Dolph Schluter's experiment in British Columbia.
6. Why do plants hybridize rather readily?
7. What is the significance of the finch's songs? Explain in detail.
8. What did Lewontin and Birch discover about the Dacus tryoni?
9. Explain how ocean currents affect the Galapagos Islands.
10. Describe the act of "speciation" in the haw flies.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of the importance of tiny measurements, including examples from the text in your explication.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of evolutionary science in the development of antibiotics.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the personality and work of Rosemary Grant, and compare and contrast her with another person in the book.
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)