Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different from farm to farm in the Mississippi Delta?
2. How much rain fell in the driest year on Daphne Major?
3. What part of the human is comparable to the finch's beak, according to Weiner?
4. What is the name of the librarian of the Charles Darwin Research Station?
5. Which Babylonian king "saw the writing on the wall"?
Essay Topic 1
Defend or confront the presence of anthropomorphism in the book. Is it appropriate in a scientific work? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Grants' tools on Daphne Major and at Princeton.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Weiner's use of metaphor in explicating the information he presents, citing the finches' resemblance to Sisyphus as an example.
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)